Leica Pocket Book ... the new 8th Edition

dkCambridgeshire

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Mine arrived last week.

My wife asked whether the purpose of the book was along the lines of this publication.

I told her it wasn't.

Mind you, I did manage to collect all the Hymeks, Westerns, Warships and Brush Type 4s on the Western Region in 1973, so maybe collecting all of the various 35 Summiluxes and Summicrons isn't very much different ;)

Thanks for the info dunk. I've never ordered from them before, but I gave it a shot for the $43 with shipping. I'll report when I receive the book...

I was out of town when my book arrived at some point last week from camerabooks.com. Had it on preorder when this thread opened, they sent me a shipping confirmation as soon as it was in stock. Recommended seller for those of you also in the US

Barnes & Noble just sent me an email. Delayed.

:(

Yup, mine too. Thanks for your post, otherwise I would not have looked at their email.

"We want to give you an update about the pre-ordered item(s) listed below. Unfortunately, we just got word that the release date for this item(s) has been changed. We expect to ship the item(s) soon and will email you when it is ready to leave our warehouse. If we cannot acquire the item(s) within 30 days, we will notify you by email.

"

I'll wait for the DMR pages to be added in the edited edition.:cool:

John

I hope the apostrophe errors are corrected too in the next edition:

' ... with the design and style of classic Leica's.' (Leica X1 description on page 108)

'The same sensor is used, and the lenses zoom range is extended ...' AND ' ... and makes electronic contact via a slot above the cameras monitor' (Leica D-LUX 5 description on page 104)

dunk

I hope the apostrophe errors are corrected too in the next edition:

The text-message generation is probably now just entering the ranks of low-level copy editors in the world's publishing houses. ;)

• 2 weeks later...