subterranean train station

kuddel

Advertisement (gone after registration)

.. at Potsdammer Platz in Berlin. The station is part of a new architectural complex. The former wall that devided Berlin had run crossways on a bleak place where now modern buildings were erected and this station was built in the underground.

Camera data are D-Lux 3 | ISO 100 | 1/8 Sec | f2.8 | 28mm (equi.)

Your comments are welcome.

Andreas

Thank you very much for all your comments. They are kind and helpful to me.

I did forget to mention it and I am still a little bit surprised, I took the picture free hand, no tripod, at 1/8 seconds exposure time. Maybe that is interessting too.

Regards,

Andreas

well captured and composed

I am glad to learn that the dividing wall area is being put to good purpose

it surprises me that there is so little movement in the people here, given the slow shutter speed (congrats on your hand holding technique, btw)

I can see the movement in the escalator steps, so I have to assume this reflects cultural differences in train platform behavior ...folks here are much more agitated while waiting for trains:)

Ed,

thank you very much for the comment. I am glad you like it.

Arthur,

you watched the picture very carefully. The station is in a business district and shopping area. I took the picture outside the office hours at the afternoon and the people are not in the rush hour. They are mostly shoppers or tourists, I assume. But when I took it I was was attracted by the contrast of this wide, modern building and the emptiness inside.

Regards to you all,

Andreas