"Do you know this building?" Game Thread

kokoshawnuff

Thanks, Mike.

We're looking for the name of the building, but the name of the city where it is located will do as well.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Dirk Van der Herten

• 2 weeks later...

okay, since nobody else has jumped in...

Hah! This is where I spent a semester drawing perfect lines on yellow tracing paper (before switching my major to photography - cause and effect?), and thus really do know from personal experience.

S. R. Crown Hall (School of Architecture), Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago. Mies van der Rohe, 1950-56.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e1/55/a4/e155a43e900f5a80773cd2b4387a779b.png

Hah! This is where I spent a semester drawing perfect lines on yellow tracing paper (before switching my major to photography - cause and effect?), and thus really do know from personal experience.

S. R. Crown Hall (School of Architecture), Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago. Mies van der Rohe, 1950-56.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e1/55/a4/e155a43e900f5a80773cd2b4387a779b.png

indeed!  looks like after a semester you learned how to draw a straight line out of there...

The trick to drawing perfect lines was to tilt your mechanical pencil in the direction you were dragging it along the straightedge (i.e. pencil point trailing) and then rotate the pencil between your fingertips constantly as you drew - thus wearing the tip down evenly and in effect resharpening it with the paper as you dragged it. I think it was part of the Zen of Miesian design, passed on by the instructors (most of whom were Mies' students themselves.)

Anyway - next challenge: