First attempts with the Macro Elmar

HeinzX

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

yesterday I have got my Macro Elmar, there are my first attempts with this lens.

The first of each pics was made with the macro adapter at minimum distance,

the second is a crop out of the first. Between the two watches are app. 100 years.

The first is a minute repetition watch of LeCoultre (1900), the second a watch made by IWC (arround 100 years later).

Heinz

Congratulations for your Macro Elmar 90mm:)

It looks very nice !

MacroElmar is that there is better to a practical point of view, light and not bulky,

if you want to make macrophotography in M ,compared to the bellow

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/nature-wildlife/193798-chardon-flower-ladybug.html

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/nature-wildlife/194374-angelica-ladybugs.html

Best

Henry

Hello,

thank you for your replies.

As a matter of fact, these pics were just made as a test. Without tripod. For me the idea behind the Macro Elmar is to use it on trips as a normal 90 mm and for flowers etc. like the pics of Doc Henry. For pics like the shown by me I would normally use a much more sophisticated technical eqipment, i.e. 1 D IV - macro lens (ev. MP E), tripod, Castel Cross Q (Novoflex) and live view. But I am very confident that for the purpose mentioned before, this lens will supply excellent quality.

Regards

Heinz

Edited by HeinzX
  • Like 1

Hello,

thank you for your replies.

As a matter of fact, these pics were just made as a test. Without tripod. For me the idea behind the Macro Elmar is to use it on trips as a normal 90 mm and for flowers etc. like the pics of Doc Henry. For pics like the shown by me I would normally use a much more sophisticated technical eqipment, i.e. 1 D IV - macro lens (ev. MP E), tripod, Castel Cross Q (Novoflex) and live view. But I am very confident that for the purpose mentioned before, this lens will supply excellent quality.

Regards

Heinz

Heinz,

Thank you for the reply , clarification and looking the links.

I like all M macroequipment because the countryside is very near my home and i like to photograph flowers or insects :)

With my equipment's M macro, in my Billingham bag (and a light monopod in my backpack) , I ride on my "mountain bike" and i go throughout the country

I love photos of plants taken in the wild nature :)

With the bellows and tripod i can not take pictures like that

Best

Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Like these watch pictures that folks are taking… as I said elsewhere the innards are

an endless source of wonder for me. While looking at these nice shots (and watch)

I got this nutty idea: ok, say the watch is running….. how long would a time exposure

have to be to show the relative motion of the gears and parts by the blur created by their

different movement?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

as far as I remember I took the shots with the macro adapter and open aperture, i.e. 4.0. There were no problems to take it with parallax e.g. The Macro Elmar is a great lens, without and with the adapter, and I use it very often. In the macro field esp. for flowers etc.