Perfect bag for a rangefinder kit!

Hey everyone! I have been searching for the perfect bag to hold an M and several lenses since most bags are too deep.

I stuck a Hadley Small insert into a Timbuk2 xtra small messenger and it is just awesome! Perfect padding, feel, and size.

Review: Timbuk2 Xsmall & Billingham Insert as a camera bag for Leica M

I have a bunch of pictures and examples on my blog about it.

I also have a ThinkTank Retrospective 5 arriving on Monday that I am reviewing. Has anyone else ordered this bag? I have the Retrospective 10 but it is way too big for an M.

Thanks for sharing this, great review.

A couple of questions for the Timbuk2 and R 5 (and others) that reflects my demands. Hope you can help:

- Is velcro used ANY place (if "yes" the bag is out of question for *me*, I simply detest velcro for any use)

- Can the flap be opened/closed quickly silently with one hand in one operation? IMO the only bags in respect to this are Billingham.

- Can the bag take some rain and stand in a puddle without any water getting into bag?

Thanks!

Here is a different alternative for a M8/M9 kit. I have a Artist and Artisan bag. But, what I do use for hiking, snow shoeing and even cross country skiing is a Kata 3N1 bag, the smaller one, model 10. I find that this can be used as a sling bag and as a backpack. I can carry one body with lens and two to three lenses. Given the bag is small, it does not interfere with your arms as you travel in the field.