Perfect bag for a rangefinder kit!

You could say the same about bag threads...

Bill, there are two kinds of perfection:

• there are perfect bags; and
  • there are perfect bag threads.

Some have found the first; none have found the second.

My problem is that when I go out for the day, there are other things to think about. Usually the M8 with one lens is fine but also I need to carry wallet, notebook, pen, small bottle of water, apple, phone and yesterday my Kindle as I was on a train there and back plus map. So for me it is not just camera but also all the other odds and ends I need to carry.

Yes, I have lots of bags but I use mostly either the Hadley Small but not for the collection above for which I use my Crumpler messenger bag which probably has one of their silly juvenile names which I cannot be bothered to remember - really puts me off Crumpler.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

At the risk of developing this thread a little wider ...

I'd appreciate peoples thoughts on Peli Cases ? specifically about the 1520 ?

and other comments about foam or soft padded inserts ?

Swanny

I'm sure if this is out of line moderator will kindly point me in the right direction

I'd appreciate peoples thoughts on Peli Cases ? specifically about the 1520 ?

Go to the search box on the top right of the forum and type in "pelican case" or "pelican 1520" and you'll see prior discussions, including thoughts on inserts.

Jeff

• Like 1

My problem is that when I go out for the day, there are other things to think about. Usually the M8 with one lens is fine but also I need to carry wallet, notebook, pen, small bottle of water, apple, phone and yesterday my Kindle as I was on a train there and back plus map. So for me it is not just camera but also all the other odds and ends I need to carry.

Yes, I have lots of bags but I use mostly either the Hadley Small but not for the collection above for which I use my Crumpler messenger bag which probably has one of their silly juvenile names which I cannot be bothered to remember - really puts me off Crumpler.

Hi

The best way to pack a bag is to remove things that are big, e.g. replace the Kindle by a clip on Apple shuffle, use the phone for notes & map, (an iphone will do the locations for you), but add 2nd battery & 2nd card for M8, or even another M.

Crumplers normally have a name tag sewn in for the silly name... so you dont need to recall, they should really do a Gucci, and emblazon it on the outside.

Noel

Hmmmm, somebody asked what´s wrong with a Loewe pro, the answer is quite simple. Just walk

around with a Loewe "pro" on a rainy day. I had that experience once, the bag was damp inside

in the evening. So the bag went into the bin and I happily returned to my Peli case.

No more soft bags, never again, no more compromise as far as camera protection from all kinds of

impact is concerned. I know a case isn´t that easy to handle like a bag, no "open it while hanging

around one´s shoulder", but for shock and all kinds of wheather protection nothing can beat a case.

Pelis have no strap but it´s easy to fit one to the case. Then you have an air save case, can throw it

into a river, expose it to heavy rainfall or dust or whatever, nothing will get to the camera.

Someone once said a Peli or any case can get damp inside in tropical areas, that is nonsens because

for some reason one has to open the case many times so it won´t become damp inside, it has

never happened to me.

Bags are something for going shopping...

Cheers

Jo

Pelican has a top.loader that has a shoulder strap.

Cheers Jan

Likewise I have just purchased another "perfect bag" the The PacSafe 200.

This bag holds my M9 with any of my four lenses attached and my other three lenses and a Hoodman loupe with room to spear in the well padded main compartment. With plenty of additional pockets and compartments for other gear and accessories. At the same time it has a slashproof strap, lockable zippered compartments, anchor lock and eXomesh slashguard. It is about the same size as the A&A 7100 but just works better. It easy to work from and carry with the added security benefits. The website is: Pacsafe Anti-theft Travel Bags and Accessories.

Bob

My vote goes to the Pacsafe bags.

I like the Pacsafe Camsafe 200 bag I have two of them and one 100 Pacsafe and there not that pricey.

Cheers Jan

Ok this may sound dumb but every canvas or leather bag I every carried I alway had in one of the bags pockets a small plastic bag like a trash bag. If I was to get stuck in a Monsoon type rain out came the plastic bag. That way I did not have to worry about drying the bag or mold growing on or in it.

In fact one camera bag company gives you a rain bag with one of the line of bags they sell.

Cheers Jan

My vote goes to the Pacsafe bags.

I like the Pacsafe Camsafe 200 bag I have two of them and one 100 Pacsafe and there not that pricey.

Cheers Jan

I just checked them out and they seem to fit the bill. Might try one out.

thanks, Robert

I too really like the Think Tank Photo Retrospective 5

edit - It also comes with a rain cover.

Christian

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Neopan

Couple of questions...

Do you add an insert to the main compartment to separate gear?

The ballistic nylon would seem water resistant, but will the zippers keep out the rain?

The site speaks mainly to the anti-theft features, but nothing about weather security.

Jeff

Zippers are under a flap so water does not get in.

Hi,

may I say that I think “advertising” which bag you use is a little dangerous..

The baddies” who no doubt visit Forums will be very well informed as to what “jewels”

may possibly be within these bags, they can & will target with this info..

Bags, and I will be here to-morro or here next week may well influence your own & family security..

“Why black out the Red Dot & then advertise your camera bag””!!!!

~~~~~~~~~k~e~e~p~s~a~f~e~~~~~~~~~~~~:cool:

Well number one thing is insure everything that you feel you could not replace out of pocket a second time.

Stuff like filters, batteries who cares, but if you have a M9 or S2, MP or a Noctilux or any other pricey lens or camera Insure it. Bad guys don't care, they will just take it from you while you stare down a barrel of a 45 caliber.

Remember people see you take pictures and may even follow you to get a chance to take what they want.

If you worry about stuff you will never use it or wear it out.

Just my 2 cents