Porsche Cayman GT meets Noctilux

menos I M6

Dirk -

When you consider the Cayman's engineering, assembly, styling and performance vs. its competition it strikes me as a relative bargain (in the regular and even the S versions), and we should be seeing about half as many as recent 911s, but they are rare. So are Audi A5s rare in most places (though you see A5s quite a lot in northern Croatia and in Montreal).

Dirk -

When you consider the Cayman's engineering, assembly, styling and performance vs. its competition it strikes me as a relative bargain (in the regular and even the S versions), and we should be seeing about half as many as recent 911s, but they are rare. So are Audi A5s rare in most places (though you see A5s quite a lot in northern Croatia and in Montreal).

Yes, you know, how people are - they like to shoot a M9 over a M8, although that M8 might give them all they ever needed at a bargain price.

They Cayman seems a great car - look at the weight! The good old 911 is bloated by comparison.

And you are right - it is very competitively priced by Porsche (the hint to the Summarits is quite right on), but we are still talking about an automobile for two with almost no space for luggage and a minimum price of just over 50.000 EUR.

Not that many people can afford the luxury - and if they do, it must not be a 50 Summarit, but a 50 Lux ASPH ;-)

If you don't buy a 911, you don't buy a Porsche might be in many peoples heads.

I guess, that one can find this Cayman GT in Shanghai has only to do with the fact, that it is a Cayman GT with one of those fancy wings.

Same goes for the fact, that most Porsche Cayenne seen in Shanghai are not base 6 cylinders, but fully fetched rigs with hundreds and hundreds of bhp, never leaving Shanghai traffic at max 100km/h - as a German, one has to chuckle about these poor souls, not being able, to do a short leg Autobahn or two once every week ;-)

• 1 month later...