Porsche GT3 Touring

Dr. G

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2022 Porsche GT3 Touring in Paint to Sample San Marino Blue.  SL2-S, 75mm APO Summicron-SL.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7

Awesome car and nice photos.

I see it is registered in NJ. I live in PA. A month ago, I ordered a 2024 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S from Porsche Warrington, near my home. It's supposed to arrive in mid-November, just in time for my birthday. So exciting to finally check owning a Porsche 911 off of my bucket list!

Here are a few shots of my order.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, budjames said:

I see it is registered in NJ. I live in PA. A month ago, I ordered a 2024 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S from Porsche Warrington, near my home. It's supposed to arrive in mid-November, just in time for my birthday. So exciting to finally check owning a Porsche 911 off of my bucket list!

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography.

Bud -

Congratulations - It's a beauty.  Is it in matte or satin finish?  If so you'll need to keep it garaged, and take continual special care of its finish.

On 6/10/2023 at 6:55 AM, stuny said:

Lovely shots, lovely subject, most interesting color.  Yours?

It is mine, yes.  Put a GT3 deposit down in 2016 and, being that I wasn’t a Porsche VIP, had to wait until this year for it.  I was able to get it at MSRP, which was a big plus.  I absolutely love it - especially with the manual transmission and the carbon bucket seats.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 7:23 AM, budjames said:

Regards,
Bud James

Very nice, Bud!  Silver over Bordeaux is classic.  You’re going to love it.  Maybe I’ll see you at some of the meet ups in the area.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

38 minutes ago, stuny said:

Bud -

Congratulations - It's a beauty.  Is it in matte or satin finish?  If so you'll need to keep it garaged, and take continual special care of its finish.

Hi Stuart.

Thank you for your comments.

My 911 will be in the glossy finish as I like shiny cars. As with my two other cars, a 2020 BMW M550i and 2021 Tesla S, the 911 will have full body paint protection film with infused ceramic coating and a 35% ceramic tint for the windows installed before I take delivery of the car. And, of course, the 911 will be kept in my garage to be driven only 3 seasons on nice days.

Unfortunately, we only have a two car garage so my BMW M550i will be sitting outside as my wife deserves to park her Tesla in our garage. The BMW will remain as my daily driver for at least a few years. When my wife and I go on drive vacations, we take her Tesla as this is a great roadtrip car.

Regards,
Bud James

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr. G said:

It is mine, yes.  Put a GT3 deposit down in 2016 and, being that I wasn’t a Porsche VIP, had to wait until this year for it.  I was able to get it at MSRP, which was a big plus.  I absolutely love it - especially with the manual transmission and the carbon bucket seats.

I can imagine 😊

You have chosen a great color, it must be even more beautiful in real.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2023 at 11:42 AM, Lelmer said:

I can imagine 😊

You have chosen a great color, it must be even more beautiful in real.

I changed my order a little from the original posted photos. I finalized my order. It should be delivered in early Nov., just in time for my birthday in late Nov.

Here are photos of the actual build of my 2024 Carrera 4S. I ordered all the performance options, LED matrix headlights, rear wheel steering, PDK transmission, front lift and sport exhaust. It cost more than my first house, but I will be able to check off a life long bucket list item that I have had since high school (1973).

Regards,
Bud James

Edited by budjames

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2023 at 1:31 PM, Zeitblom said:

Porsches drive in the USA at a maximum of 65 mph?
What a technical overkill.
Oh no, you squeeze your bodies into Porsches, because they are so comfortable and guarantee always  easy contact with beautiful, young women.

Women here don't really care about Porsches at all and the new ones aren't really that small, at least not compared to the ones I've owned since the late 80's.

GT3 mostly for track, so definitely not 65 mph.  I have a small SUV for that.

Edited by Dr. G

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2023 at 7:31 PM, Zeitblom said:

Porsches drive in the USA at a maximum of 65 mph?
What a technical overkill.
Oh no, you squeeze your bodies into Porsches, because they are so comfortable and guarantee always  easy contact with beautiful, young women.

It is impossible to describe adequately the taste of a banana to someone who has never tasted a banana. It is impossible to describe adequately what it's like to drive a Porsche to someone who has never driven a Porsche.

It's not about speed, or comfort, or young women.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2023 at 8:06 AM, Dr. G said:

Women here don't really care about Porsches at all and the new ones aren't really that small, at least not compared to the ones I've owned since the late 80's.

GT3 mostly for track, so definitely not 65 mph.  I have a small SUV for that.

How do you get away with a license plate only on the front?  I've never tried that in fear of John Law.

On 7/29/2023 at 7:26 AM, budjames said:

I changed my order a little from the original posted photos. I finalized my order. It should be delivered in early Nov., just in time for my birthday in late Nov.

Here are photos of the actual build of my 2024 Carrera 4S. I ordered all the performance options, LED matrix headlights, rear wheel steering, PDK transmission, front lift and sport exhaust. It cost more than my first house, but I will be able to check off a life long bucket list item that I have had since high school (1973).

Regards,
Bud James

So, do you have it now?  Let's see it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2023 at 9:02 AM, stuny said:

So, do you have it now?  Let's see it.

Yes! I picked it up a few weeks ago after my detailer installed 35% ceramic window tinting and full ceramic-infused paint protection film. I also had them ceramic coat the wheels and brake calipers. It's a blast to drive although it's sitting in my garage mostly due to the weather.

Cheers,
Bud

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2023 at 12:56 AM, Viv said:

It is impossible to describe adequately the taste of a banana to someone who has never tasted a banana. It is impossible to describe adequately what it's like to drive a Porsche to someone who has never driven a Porsche.

It's not about speed, or comfort, or young women.

I drove a Porsche once, owned by Jim Shepherd. He was a detailer for high end cars, including F1's. He asked what I thought. I said it felt and drove exactly the same as my VW, except for the power. It was fun though. I put my foot down to pass a car and found myself in a new postal district!

• Haha 3