Berlin visit

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have posted this in the German section as I thought I might get a different view than from the English side. My query is in English as I do not speak German.

I shall be visiting Berlin in few weeks time for a couple of days over a weekend and I will have time to walk about with camera.

Are there places in the city where there is a lot of “people” activity I can go to where I could practise my “street photography”? Could be markets, busy areas where there is a lot of foot traffic etc.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Falstaff

Berlin was great for street photography. Just wander around the more interesting districts of the old East side.

I visited this flea market which is next to a park - lots of activity when I was there » Flohmarkt am Mauerpark (Flea Market) - Berlin Guide in English some interesting camera gear too.

Checkpoint Charlie and the other typical sites of interest will have plenty of opportunities too.

This site is useful www.berlinfo.com

Many thanks to you all for your suggestions. Plenty to work on.

I was in Berlin a few years ago and thought it a wonderful city in all respects and am very glad to be revisiting it.

Eckart, thank you for your very generous offer - I would very much like to be able to meet up, if for nothing, at least some liquid down the throat. I shall be over 16th-19th July.

I will send you a PM.

Again, thank you all for taking the time to respond.

Falstaff