WATE Questions

tdtaylor

I contacted Leica NJ by email inquiring as to the availability of the corrective diopter for the Frankenfinder/R8-9, and if it has been discontinued. The response is below:

Dear Mr. Taylor,

I checked with inventory control here and there just isn’t very much solid information. Officially it is not considered unavailable, but it is not in stock and there is no word on when it might be again. You can have a dealer put through an order for you, or perhaps consider the one in Austria.

Best regards,

My dealer, when I tried to place an order, told me it was "not available," and did not know anything more. I went ahead and placed the order for the one in Austria. A little puzzling when Leica NJ does not know much. Once again, if anyone has a contact with Solms, please forward and I will make the same inquiries.

• 1 year later...
Guest stanjan0

I have a different Wate question from the above question, I hope I'm not intruding. So my question is to those Wate owners who bought their Wate brand new, Did your Wate come with a front lens cover? The one I bought came with a sunshade attached but, no front lens cover. I see that there is a part number for a front lens cover for the Wate but, no price. :confused::)

Edited by stanjan0

The difficulty getting dioptre correction for the frankenfinder was one reason why I use an 18mm finder - you can file the threads off the standard Leica dioptre and glue it in place...

Having said that the Frankenfinder adjustment just needs a suitable lens that is held in place by the eyefinder ring.

I am sure an optician can run you up one if you tell them the diameter and they have your prescription.

I have a different Wate question from the above question, I hope I'm not intruding. So my question is to those Wate owners who bought their Wate brand new, Did your Wate come with a front lens cover? The one I bought came with a sunshade attached but, no front lens cover. I see that there is a part number for a front lens cover for the Wate but, no price. :confused::)

Yes, It came with a hood and cover. The 67mm filter adapter was separate.