I Love My LEICA X1

ezc203

If you are shooting Raw files, how are you processing them?

I just started playing around with the default development scripts. The digital development is completely new for me. Can you recommend some general introduction for this apart from the LR manual?

Thanks

Thomas

I noticed that based on filenames I have exposed >4000 photos with the X1 already. :eek: Some of these are of course from playing around or testing different things as a part of the learning curve. But it's also a fact that the number is growing quickly because I have now started to take pictures every day, something that I have never done before. I'm getting more comfortable with the camera all the time and it has given my photography-hobby lots of new enjoyment. I'm even getting used to the manual focus even if I hope it can be improved in a later firmware.

Just like Kathy I have used blipfoto for my daily pictures. Here are direct links to to a selection of ten pictures I like the most so far.

Blipfoto :: thomsva :: 1 March 2010 (after snowy commute)

Blipfoto :: thomsva :: 19 March 2010 (wet ride)

Blipfoto :: thomsva :: 17 March 2010 (rock n roll)

Blipfoto :: thomsva :: 22 March 2010 (snow falling from the trees)

Blipfoto :: thomsva :: 23 March 2010 (frost on the reeds)

Blipfoto :: thomsva :: 24 March 2010 (valkosaari - blekholmen)

Blipfoto :: thomsva :: 28 March 2010 (mono)

Blipfoto :: thomsva :: 8 April 2010 (water on the move)

Blipfoto :: thomsva :: 13 April 2010 (to freedom)

Blipfoto :: thomsva :: 17 April 2010 (shadows)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Your photos are really nice on blip. Just joined there myself.

I've just had a desaturated , cropped and vignetted version of this jpeg blown up to 20x30 inches for a kitchen wall.

It could easily have stood twice the enlargement.

L1001040.jpg

The quality of the enlargement is simply amazing.

All this from a pocketable camera ; I love it.

This shot is supposed to represent a mobile green grocer during the late 1940s ; certainly no oranges in the UK during WW2 though.

I've just had a desaturated , cropped and vignetted version of this jpeg blown up to 20x30 inches for a kitchen wall.

It could easily have stood twice the enlargement.

The quality of the enlargement is simply amazing.

All this from a pocketable camera ; I love it.

This shot is supposed to represent a mobile green grocer during the late 1940s ; certainly no oranges in the UK during WW2 though.

Greetings Nippa,

Nice shot.

What ISO , shutter speed, and F stop did you use?

Handheld or on a tripod?

Did you use much post processing to obtain the quality of the image?

Kind Regards.

Edited by andybarton

Despite the X1's shortcomings, I have to say it is my favorite camera... even though I own a M4 and a M8. I hope Leica keeps building on the X series and makes it into a perfect camera eventually i.e. full frame, faster AF, better MF implementation, VF built in.

Finally after a 4 long months..

I can say now, I love my Leica X1!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Despite the X1's shortcomings, I have to say it is my favorite camera... even though I own a M4 and a M8. I hope Leica keeps building on the X series and makes it into a perfect camera eventually i.e. full frame, faster AF, better MF implementation, VF built in.

I also think that all that would be a good thing, but then of course the X1 comes quite close to the M-Series and may be the price would be higher. But anyway, the X1 combines a very practical compact size with stunning IQ and a smart design. This is the way product-series usually have success in the future.

Regards

Ralf

I also think that all that would be a good thing, but then of course the X1 comes quite close to the M-Series and may be the price would be higher. But anyway, the X1 combines a very practical compact size with stunning IQ and a smart design. This is the way product-series usually have success in the future.

Regards

Ralf

Yes, true, but I'm talking years from now. FF will be more prevalent, it should still be fixed lens, I'm asking for a VF, not a rangefinder like the M series, and faster AF instead of manual focus. In a few years, this should be able to be done without stepping on the M series. Price? I'm not so sure but just based on time alone it'll be more expensive.

Hello everybody

First excuse my poor english...

I'm now with EOS 5D with "L" lens.

I was looking for a true camera, which could be everytime in my pocket.

I've found it : it's Leica X1. (but i've not steal baught it, it's a little expensive..).

But i Think somewhere that i will buy it like a person who will buy a beautiful watch (like a Rollex

What do you think about that ?

Because I've seen too the GF1 with its 20 mm...

Thank you for yours answers...

Bye

Thierry

I love my futur X1

exposition de photographies couleur par Thierry Fournier

Sorry len_gee for the late reply just got back so to answer your question :

I think the shot was taken on AUTO just as I was leaving a 1940s weekend at a nearby Steam Railway Line. It really was the last shot of the day.

It was handheld 1/160 f4.5 ISO 100 and really needed no post processing.

I tweaked the enlarged copy to make the greens blend with our "ultra modern retro" kitchen :rolleyes:

Yes, true, but I'm talking years from now. FF will be more prevalent, it should still be fixed lens, I'm asking for a VF, not a rangefinder like the M series, and faster AF instead of manual focus. In a few years, this should be able to be done without stepping on the M series. Price? I'm not so sure but just based on time alone it'll be more expensive.

You´re right, let´s see. I personally speculate that the X1 could once be the platform for an EVIL camera, but not in that kind as we see them today, more in a high-performance-way. That seems to be the direction right now, also concerning to comments in this forum. The electronic viewfinder seems to have the best potential.

Best regards

Ralf