slide film - anyone out there still using them?

mkern1974

Yes to your question. Here in southern New Mexico, about 45 minutes from the frontier, that's a joke. I get my film from NYC, B&H and use mailers for processing and enlargements. Photography is not taken seriously by many people, particularly our college students. The School for Fine Arts is located at University of New Mexico. Down here we have NM State University. In answer to your question I just received a box of Provia F in the mail the other day.

My favourites slides are Fuji Velvia 50 for landscapes and Kodak E100G for portraits. Both unique. In my area it's easier to develop and frame a whole 36-exp roll (4€) than purchasing the roll itself (from 5 to 9 € if no more)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just sent eight rolls of HP5 (pushed to 3200) to be developed as B&W slides from Dr5.

dr5 CHROME - Black and White slide - transparency process + THE ONLY AGFA SCALA PROCESSING WORLDWIDE

They can take almost any B&W film and develop them into slides. Beautiful is all I can say while viewing them from a slide projector.