JPEG BW quality on the forum

Max Alfy

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Maybe its your room lighting Steve, or firefox, or the way youve set up your iMac.

Possibly, but as I mentioned above when I have the two versions as layers and set the blend mode to 'difference' I get a black image, so Photoshop thinks they're identical, and they appear identical in both browsers I've tried on my Mac.

Also tried firing up Windows and Linux using VMWare Fusion and all three images looked identical on both of those - IE on Windows, Firefox on Linux.

Edited by stunsworth

Plot thickens.

If I open two browser windows tile them side by side cropped, theres the smallest difference, second image seeming slightly more luminous. That the word?

If I take one image into Corel, tile that with the browser images, above, below, side to side, I can identify whether the corel image is from Lsave.jpg or Lsfw.jpg

If I take both into corel theres nothing between them.

On the iMac Ive laid the screen flat, turned it upside down, on edge, I still see a difference. Crap screen?

All very interesting. Wonder how this leaves the pana/leica comparison threads?

I guess if I can see peoples brush marks on dodge and burn and erase through, or screwed up contrast / curves on selectedly edited areas then they should be able to as well if they know what to look for.

I also remember posting the same image image twice, before I got a colour closer to my edit, so theres forum software comes into play sometimes too.

Anyway, its all entirely off topic I guess.