Press Release: S2 Technical Specs.

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

BTW are there Aussie birds in the zoos of Germany?

Probably not.

Our Willy Wagtails would beat 'em all up.

Our Peregrine Falcons would eat 'em all up.

Our Satin Bowerbirds would steal their best feathers.

Our Emus would steal the visitors sandwiches.

Our Eastern Rosellas would just steal the show.

The Sulphur Crested Cockatoos would break out.

The Galahs would still be stupid, no doubt.

An S2 will get the best shots of the day

when Bondiius bikinius puts on a display!

:D

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not.

Our Willy Wagtails would beat 'em all up.

Our Peregrine Falcons would eat 'em all up.

Our Satin Bowerbirds would steal their best feathers.

Our Emus would steal the visitors sandwiches.

Our Eastern Rosellas would just steal the show.

The Sulphur Crested Cockatoos would break out.

The Galahs would still be stupid, no doubt.

An S2 will get the best shots of the day

when Bondiius bikinius puts on a display!

:D

LOL. I don't know the birds of Australia but I suspect the Bondiius bikinius frequents the beach.

LOL. I don't know the birds of Australia but I suspect the Bondiius bikinius frequents the beach.

Yes, they do. They're why I'm here.

After the war Europe was a mess. Many young people were happy to leave and Commonwealth nations were actively recruiting them. Populate or perish. My dad and his friends went to the town hall to see reps from Canada, New Zealand and Australia, who showed them movies. He saw wide open spaces and lots of snow in Canada. Nope - too cold here in Holland - looks colder there. He saw wide open spaces and lots of sheep in New Zealand. Nope - still looks cold and kind of boring. He saw crowded Bondi beach in Sydney - sun, surf life savers, lots of smiling girls in bikinis. Hence my Australian accent. hehe. :D

He saw crowded Bondi beach in Sydney - sun, surf life savers, lots of smiling girls in bikinis.

I bet they didn't mention the spiders though <grin>.

My parents emigrated to Canada when I was 1. Mother got homesick and we came back when I was 2. I often wonder where I'd be now if she's been happy there.

The S2 performs moire detection and removal only to in-camera JPGs. According to Leica, they haven't been able to produce moire in DNGs under any circumstance.... and they've really, really tried.

Send one to me: I'll get the thing to moiré!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here's the deal for Leica ... they can send a S2 to everybody who claim that they can produce moire with the camera. If they do, they keep the camera (for free), if they can't, they are gonna pay full price plus shipping/handling.

I'm gonna watch and hold the money for both parties. How does it sound? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well Guy, I got to see S2 files for real last night. David Farkas got to play with one for a week in Germany last month and the image quality is nothing short of amazing. One model shot shows David reflected in her eyes and there is so much detail that you can tell what color shirt he is wearing in the reflection!

Guest guy_mancuso

That is great and every 35mm will see vast improvements over there cameras no question. It is the guys that shoot MF everyday is going to be the harder sell, we are already getting that level of detail today. It will be a matter of what type of body works out the best for each user but bottom line every current Leica shooter will think it is the cats meow over there M8,M9 and DMR shooters and that is great for them and certainly no question will be a much richer file in many ways . That is a given and maybe that will help Leica sell them to that market but the question comes up will it sell in the already have a MF market, why switch. This is what I will have to decide for myself since I am already there and what the S2 will bring to the table for me and when I get a chance to test it myself than I will know for sure just like any other MF shooter that is looking at this type of system. Obviously the S2 is sexy and I played with it as well and it fit like a glove but for me i have to see if it is worth that switch. It also is a lot of out of pocket money and have to justify that for sure. It maybe a better time for it as well as the economy starts to pick up. My plate actually has something on it and ask me that 2 months ago and my answer would be much different. So we are seeing some rebound in the industry but also we are seeing big shoots taking a cut as well. No more free 10 days in the Bahamas when you can get it done in 3 days on either coast cutback type of shoots now. Things have changed for many top shooters. For the hobbyist with the money no question it will be fun and sexy and produce great files for them. My end of the world it is all about risk and reward, which sucks for me. LOL

Edited by guy_mancuso

You guys should have spent much more time on dpreview over the past few years, to take a eye shot and show reflection of the photographer can already be done since the 6 MP cameras.

I'm baffled whether I should go to the S2 road show tomorrow 'cause I need to reschedule at least 2 meetings.

Simon, you have shown so much interest in the S2 ever since Photokina last year, I think you really should go now that you have the chance to actually hold one in your hands.

Cheers, Peter

PS: I'm sure your first hand report would be appreciated on this forum too.

Simon, you have shown so much interest in the S2 ever since Photokina last year, I think you really should go now that you have the chance to actually hold one in your hands.

Cheers, Peter

PS: I'm sure your first hand report would be appreciated on this forum too.

Thanks, Peter ... I've already rescheduled the meetings without telling the folks that all I'm gonna do is to see a damn camera and I probably won't even be allowed to touch. LOL

Sheeeeesh ... don't tell anyone. :p

Cheers,