MacBook and Scanning

usefeet

Absolutely. My iMac leopard has an uptime of over 4 months and Nikon scan has been running in the background for most of that time. The software is highly robust, the scans are great and I much prefer it to Vuescan.

This is a real puzzle. I just can't get it to run properly on my iMac. Some people can and some can't. :( :(

I'm running a Nikon Coolscan V with Nikonscan on a 2 month old MacBook. I have not been able to access the scanner through Photoshop like I could on my former PC. I searched the web and found that you have to enable something called Rosetta to allow PS to see plug-ins, but this still didn't work for me. So, I just open Nikonscan separately and save everything as TIFF files. I then open them up in Photoshop for editing and/or printing. Works for me.

-Mike

Quato Intelliscan 5000 with Silverfast and a two year old MacBookPro (OS 10.5).

Quatographic Technology GmbH

By the way I regretted updating to 10.5. The performance is almost as poor as Windows and the Apple Mail program didn't work any more after the change. But support for 10.4 will stop when 10.6 is out. Well, Thunderbird is an improvement over Apple Mail anyhow...

Well - at last - I have Nikon Scan running on my iMacs.

Nikon Scan 4.0.2 Fix for MAC OSX (Leopard)

Mmh, Andy, interesting.

Thant means that in some Leopard environment Nikon Scan runs after the first installation, and if not, you have to de-install the program, trash all preferences and re-install it. After that, at least in some cases, it will run without crashes. If not, run the program in a new account.

Strange, but if it works...

Thanks

Lutz

Lutz - I think my problem stemmed from when I setup my new iMacs I let them transfer the programs and settings from my old Macs which they did flawlessly. I did have to reinstall a couple of programs to get them working.

I think the root of the problem was in the Preferences in that it thought it was still running on a PPC Mac. After un-installing NikonScan I just deleted the whole Nikon folder in \Library\Preferences.

All seems obvious now :rolleyes:

I see Andy. You had Nikon Scan already running on your old Macs and you have migrated your old programs and preferences to the new ones, which might have caused the problem.

Sounds palusible. So with a virgin installation of Nikon Scan in Leopard crashes should not occur. Maybe somebody has experiences with this?

Thanks again

Lutz