MacBook and Scanning

usefeet

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Today I bought an Apple Computer for the first time, after many years with Microsoft. (Too many Failures, yesterday the HDD) :(

I am wondering what kind of film scanner you are using with the Mac, and what scanning software you chose?

Thank you.

Microtek i900 scanner (35mm up to 10x8 direct, and flatbed) and Silverfast Ai software. I'm very happy with the Microtek on 120 and sheet film, but would recommend a dedicated 35mm film scanner. However, the Silverfast software is excellent!

John

SilverFast: Scanner Software, Printer Software and Software for Digital Camera and Imaging :: LaserSoft Imaging

Guest Bernd Banken
Today I bought an Apple Computer for the first time, after many years with Microsoft. (Too many Failures, yesterday the HDD) :(

I am wondering what kind of film scanner you are using with the Mac, and what scanning software you chose?

Thank you.

The MacBooks as the MacBookPros are running with Intel processors. The more or less old Nikon software Nikon Scan 4 does not accept this hardware in my case.

So a solution would be Vuescan (cheap) but for me not so comfortable, or Silverfast.

An old Powerbook G4/800 runs with Nikon scan, but slow.....

The MacBooks as the MacBookPros are running with Intel processors. The more or less old Nikon software Nikon Scan 4 does not accept this hardware in my case.

So a solution would be Vuescan (cheap) but for me not so comfortable, or Silverfast.

Not that I'm doubting you, but I've always heard this. Nikonscan runs quite fine on my macbook with an intel processor.

Not true I'm afraid

Nikonscan works fine on my Intel iMac

Thanks very much guys.

I am very relieved now!

It seems almost everything works. I have been using the Elite 5400II with it's own software,

and in the past I used Nikon's Super Coolscan 4000 wth Vuescan (in storage now).

:)

BTW, I bought the MacBook Pro. (It has 4G memory.)

Does it work faultlessly under leopard now?

Lutz

Absolutely. My iMac leopard has an uptime of over 4 months and Nikon scan has been running in the background for most of that time. The software is highly robust, the scans are great and I much prefer it to Vuescan.