"Do you know the world ?" -- Competition --

T00m

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am sorry but I don't see anything in the pic that may be specific to a place. The trees/plants can be from anywhere. Thatched roof is typical resort type found everywhere. Small remote island means there are many small islands around which can be anywhere.

For example It could be Andaman islands. It even has coral reef and rainy season, and water falls too. I am only saying it because I want to go there. :)

Don't tell me I am right. :)

None of those guesses above Michael are right, but I understand the difficulty here. Even when reviewing all of my photos, i struggled to find anything truly distinctive, even from a few shots i have inside a helicopter, which is why I provided many hints in the text.

Lush garden

I gave you the date and time of this trip.

Certainly the clue about scuba and reefs is very helpful as this is a very famous location made popular by THE name in diving. Also they are quite famous for soft coral, nudibranches, and giant clams..

The comment about the people I think is also a big clue as this Island nation (another clue) is well known for it. One of this country's Olympic team provided unprecedented evidence of this.

We are definitely in the South Pacific, Michael. I imaging you will be hot on the trail now with these additional clues.

Edited by pechelman

You got it, Michael.

Specifically, I am on the "Garden Island" of Fiji called Taveuni which is also known for being where the International Date/Time Line crosses through.

The Olympic Mens Rugby team took gold in 2016, for this island nations first ever olympic medal. When being awarded medals, every single one of the men got down on both knees to allow the person handing out the medals to place it around their necks.  Truly humble display in my opinion. 

Of course the famous SCUBA name is Cousteau as Taveuni is home to the Rainbow Reef, which I am looking out toward in this picture. Though oddly, that one straight has little soft coral and lots of hard coral.

I wish i had some of my diving video somewhere to share, as diving on the Great White Wall was\is spectacular, as was the fish "nurseries" in more of the shallower dives between 50-70ft.

Figured I would add a couple of underwater pics i snagged from the video;

The famous anemone & clown fish

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

a shot from the great white wall at about ~115' looking out and slightly down. The wall is mostly vertical, so that should help put the frame in more context with the distortion inherent in the action cam. The wall goes up to about 60' and down to maybe 200-250'. When the current is moving, the coral on the wall light up electric blue. When there's no current, it's all brown.

Edited by pechelman

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello Phil,

Well, I did not think I was guessing close enough to win because, as I may have mentioned before, I do not have the ability to put any photos on the Forum at this time. Even tho may Forum members have tried to help me to do so in the past.

So, I will have to give my turn to whomever would like to Post something & try not to guess quite so close next time.

Best Regards,

Michael

Quick question on the rules for this thread. Do they have to be using Leica camera/lens? (I know that the other posts in the photo forum accept only from Leica).

It is not my turn but wanted to know for future posts.

The normal rules of the forum apply here too; so: yes, lens or camera or both must be Leica.

Alright. Here it is.

I will assume that naming the river will be relatively easy. This is why river alone will not make you a winner. Guess the name of the city. Naming the church in the pic will be a bonus. :)

M9+28cronASPH

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!