Leica Motor-M experiences

Rolo

Thanks guys.

The dealer has arranged for me to send it to Leica UK. The problem has been known before, but it's very rare.

I offered to put another test film through, but the dealer (Red Dot) advised it would be safer to have this inspected and repaired if necessary. Good service IMO with an offer to refund at any time.

Rolo.

Some good information here:

Leica FAQ - Compact M-Motor - notes

I got to use my friends WInder-M (current version) a little and liked it. What bothered me was the grip that holds the batteries. It made the camera bigger and bulkier.

Ultimately I ended up with a Leicavit (also see Rapidwinder), which is terrific, but I would not be adverse to getting hold of a Winder-M if I came across one at a good price.

Well, received my second Motor M today, fixed it to my newly acquired M7 and accompanied by Falstaff sht a roll off in the city of Culture:rolleyes:

What an difference to my previous Leica experience and an excellent combination (M7/Motor M) for very fluid shooting. I'll admit that a few times I caught myself tipping the camera forward and sub-consciously searching for the screen. Ha !

Looking forward to seeing the results and currently very happy with the decision. When the other Motor M returns from Leica it's going on to the MP without a moments notice.

Thanks for the comments chaps.

Rolo