A Good Picture

badpets

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Then I think it would be fairer if you put that in consideration when you make your metaphor about chef and the cooker. If the customer knew that chef was most comfortable with that particular cooker, maybe she/he will be happier.

A chef certainly needs a given type of equipment for a job - just the same as a photographer. (It would be difficult to prepare a crepe in a stockpot, for example). But the brand is an expression of preference, not necessity.

Good chefs often work in other people's kitchens, and frequently with equipment they may not personally like. But that doesn't stop them delivering the goods. And a great chef can prepare a meal in the most adverse of circumstances.

And so it is with photographers.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree, but you are talking about a "professional" photographer whom you believe should deliver consistently good photos in any kind of circumstances. But in a long run, let's use back your chef metaphor, the chef would get tired of having to use equipments he doesn't feel good and his good work may decline eventually.

A chef certainly needs a given type of equipment for a job - just the same as a photographer. (It would be difficult to prepare a crepe in a stockpot, for example). But the brand is an expression of preference, not necessity.

Good chefs often work in other people's kitchens, and frequently with equipment they may not personally like. But that doesn't stop them delivering the goods. And a great chef can prepare a meal in the most adverse of circumstances.

And so it is with photographers.

I agree, but you are talking about a "professional" photographer ...

Is he?

And can I repeat, when I mentioned the chef thing IT WAS A METAPHOR, NOT A DIRECT COMPARISON BETWEEN THE TWO ACTIVITIES. If this carries own we'll be discussing what is the developer equivalent to free range eggs.

Yes, I think this chef discussion has gone down the pan :-)

Badpets, please don't let me influence your thinking in any way. If you believe that you can photograph only with an M8 then that's fine. Good luck, and I hope you make many fine pictures. Maybe post some on the forum, perhaps?

I enjoy my M8 too, but not at cost of believing that it does all the work. The day that I feel unable to make a decent picture except with one camera will be the day I've stopped thinking and learning. And if the day comes that the camera truly does do all the work - well, that will be the day that I stop photography.

I have never said that I would only use M8. I only wanted to know how to make best picture out of M8. Besides M8, I have other cameras.

Badpets, please don't let me influence your thinking in any way. If you believe that you can photograph only with an M8 then that's fine. Good luck, and I hope you make many fine pictures. Maybe post some on the forum, perhaps?

I enjoy my M8 too, but not at cost of believing that it does all the work. The day that I feel unable to make a decent picture except with one camera will be the day I've stopped thinking and learning. And if the day comes that the camera truly does do all the work - well, that will be the day that I stop photography.

Eggs-tol?

:D :D

Bad, Extol is a film developer (eggs-tol).

With regards to your last question to me. Yes, the M8 makes a difference to my photography. It's the lenses (and sensor) tho that make a qualitative difference. The M8 itself handles in a way that I happen to like.

That said, it's not the tool for many others.

Regards,

I think when we speak of M8, we should include the sensor, don't we? The sensor along with the softwares are attached to the M8 body.

Bad, Extol is a film developer (eggs-tol).

With regards to your last question to me. Yes, the M8 makes a difference to my photography. It's the lenses (and sensor) tho that make a qualitative difference. The M8 itself handles in a way that I happen to like.

That said, it's not the tool for many others.

Regards,

I was using M8. In the past 2 years, I have had 2 confrontations with the crazy strangers. But it's giving me phobia already... I'm still trying to figure out the reason why some can get so angry having photo taken in public. It'll be sad if idiots try to get trouble with me just for having a closer at my beautiful M8...

Which one got you into trouble with the tourist?

stnami, i just don't know what to say to your comments. but i think if you were my friend, you would definitely kick the ass out that crazy tourist i confronted yesterday. so teach me. i like your website though. chill.

Hey Bad, Bill sleeps with his M8, maybe that is what you are missing in your good part:)

I was using M8. .

I think Pete meant which photograph.

It happens occasionally. Most of the time you can predict when the difficult situations are going to arise and do something about it. Sometimes not. People don't like their photograph being taken for a variety of reasons, from paranoia, to being with someone other than their wife.

you would definitely kick the ass out that crazy tourist
.. no way I am the crazy tourist!!!!!!!

Except for a couple of pot shots via a couple of South East Asian armies, an old woman in India with a big stick and drug crazed pimp in Russia, I have no great dramas. Basically I see it as well yea ok, yea yea yea ok catcha take it easy ........ I'll sorta delete it, sorry no worries, ,,,,,,,,,,,humble pie sounds ok to me

The thing is that I really never took his pictures; he just suddenly appeared from my back and started to assault me. But I would definitely delete images of these who gave me bad memories immediately.

I think Pete meant which photograph.

It happens occasionally. Most of the time you can predict when the difficult situations are going to arise and do something about it. Sometimes not. People don't like their photograph being taken for a variety of reasons, from paranoia, to being with someone other than their wife.