A Good Picture

badpets

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The thing is that I really never took his pictures...

That doesn't matter. He thought you may have done. It's about perception as much as reality.

I've only had problems two or three times in 10 years or so, it's best to put it to the back of your mind and carry in doing what ever it is you want to do.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no no, i didn't refer you as the crazy tourist. i just felt someone like you can beat down the crazy tourists. yeah, between shit and destroying pic of the crazy person, i would also choose deleting pic.

.. no way I am the crazy tourist!!!!!!!

Except for a couple of pot shots via a couple of South East Asian armies, an old woman in India with a big stick and drug crazed pimp in Russia, I have no great dramas. Basically I see it as well yea ok, yea yea yea ok catcha take it easy ........ I'll sorta delete it, sorry no worries, ,,,,,,,,,,,humble pie sounds ok to me

Badpets,

I think Imants' message is lacking some vital punctuation: add an exclamation mark and it reads right -- i.e. "No way! I am the crazy tourist!"

I think ... (Imants, feel free to correct me if mistaken ... never mind, I know you will).

Anyway, where did this little confrontation happen? In Tokyo? That would be pretty unusual. Tokyo is usually a really mellow place to do photography ... unless you're shooting people going into "Love Hotels." Or drunks late at night. I assume the "crazy tourist" was non-Japanese?

i was in the front of starbucks opposite shibuya station at about 2pm. he was a white person, little bit middle east or european, but certainly not american accent. i had never been troubled by japanese except the police officer though. japanese young people sometimes even pose for me.

Badpets,

I think Imants' message is lacking some vital punctuation: add an exclamation mark and it reads right -- i.e. "No way! I am the crazy tourist!"

I think ...

Anyway, where did this little confrontation happen? In Tokyo? That would be pretty unusual. Tokyo is usually a really mellow place to do photography ... unless you're shooting people going into "Love Hotels." Or drunks late at night. I assume the "crazy tourist" was non-Japanese?

you could be right, it sounds more like him (correct me if i'm wrong).

I think ... (Imants, feel free to correct me if mistaken ... never mind, I know you will).

Advertisement (gone after registration)

i was in the front of starbucks opposite shibuya station at about 2pm. he was a white person, little bit middle east or european, but certainly not american accent. i had never been troubled by japanese except the police officer though. japanese young people sometimes even pose for me.

That really is strange! That's a very busy part of town, and in the middle of the afternoon! And as you say the kids in that area are generally great (if a little weird). Maybe "crazy" really does apply.

Perhaps you should have pointed out the police box next to Hachiko and told him that if he had any complaints he should take them there.

So far I haven't had a single problem shooting around Tokyo, Yokohama, Kyoto, Sendai, Hamamatsu ... all over the country ... so I'm surprised. Anyway, I'm sure it was just an isolated (crazy) incident. Bummer though.

I cross my fingers that you will never experience something like that, Kent. I do not trust the police in Shibuya; they are probably more scared of aggression than I do and get me in trouble instead.

That really is strange! That's a very busy part of town, and in the middle of the afternoon! And as you say the kids in that area are generally great (if a little weird). Maybe "crazy" really does apply.

Perhaps you should have pointed out the police box next to Hachiko and told him that if he had any complaints he should take them there.

So far I haven't had a single problem shooting around Tokyo, Yokohama, Kyoto, Sendai, Hamamatsu ... all over the country ... so I'm surprised. Anyway, I'm sure it was just an isolated (crazy) incident. Bummer though.

I was using M8. In the past 2 years, I have had 2 confrontations with the crazy strangers. But it's giving me phobia already... I'm still trying to figure out the reason why some can get so angry having photo taken in public. It'll be sad if idiots try to get trouble with me just for having a closer at my beautiful M8...

This has never happened with me.

I know that some people say that one should be able to take the same situation pictures with the 5D/1D as with the M8, but I get more noticed with the 5D than the M8.