where to go for Leica in Texas

timbedsted1234

There are only two places that I know of: Cooter's Camera in Dallas and Precision Camera in Austin. I've been to Cooter's. Not a heck of a lot of Leica stuff. Though I live in Dallas, I buy all my stuff from B&H Photo and avoid the taxes.

Make advance arrangements to buy from Stan Tamarkin in Connecticut and have him ship it overnight, tax free to your temporary lodgings in Texas. By making advance arrangements, whatever you want will be waiting for you, ready to ship. Thats what I would do and I live in Texas. regards, ron

Asking for a shop in Texas is like asking for one in France...same size. In Houston, HCE is one (little or no new Leica stock), the Camera Coop. (no new Leica stock) is another. Many merchants will not ship to an address other than the billing address. There are other ways to pay, of course.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm a Texan and I can tell you there's no place for finding Leica equipment. As others have mentioned Cooter's in Dallas or Precsion in Austin. I buy all my equipment from Popflash or B&H on the net.

And it's shame to for once Dallas had Marlowe's Cameras. A major Leica store where I was infected with the Leica virus for life.

Asking for a shop in Texas is like asking for one in France...same size. In Houston, HCE is one (little or no new Leica stock), the Camera Coop. (no new Leica stock) is another. Many merchants will not ship to an address other than the billing address. There are other ways to pay, of course.

Houston Camera Exchange had some new M8's when I was there about a month ago

they also have M8 batteries and some lenses

I got a wonderful 200 mm Telyt f4.5 for the Viso there

the Camera Coop does not have new Leica equipment, but does have a small number of used lens ...I stumbled across a 90 Summicron II which I got for a bargain price there

There are only two places that I know of: Cooter's Camera in Dallas and Precision Camera in Austin. I've been to Cooter's. Not a heck of a lot of Leica stuff. Though I live in Dallas, I buy all my stuff from B&H Photo and avoid the taxes.

Cooter's also goes by the name Village Camera to the locals

Don't agree about the inventory; they've always had gobs of stuff when I was shopping at their store

However, it's been two or three years since I've been in there; maybe they've cut back, but they used to have lots of new and used in the glass case at the front of the store

BTW, they do have a website:

Cooter's Village Camera

Best thing about going to Highland Park Village (which is the shopping center) is having lunch at Pacific Cafe right around the corner!!!

:D

Thanks

Allan

Houston Camera Exchange had some new M8's when I was there about a month ago

they also have M8 batteries and some lenses

I got a wonderful 200 mm Telyt f4.5 for the Viso there

the Camera Coop does not have new Leica equipment, but does have a small number of used lens ...I stumbled across a 90 Summicron II which I got for a bargain price there

the used selections at both these dealers is very hit & miss ...as they are both near where I live, I visit frequently ...the selection is limited, but HCE has had some new Leica equipment for sale ...it may pay to call in advance