white bird

bradreiman

Bradley- A wonderful photograph with excellent detail & composition!

I'm also really interested in the fact that you used a 135mm with the M8, I've been considering this. Tell me more please.....framing & interference of the lens with the viewfinder, is it an issue?

MIKE

Thanks for the comments to all. Mike-The 135 2.8 is great on the m8. I finally got the vertical allignment fixed and am completely chuffed. I had read here repeatedly that the old version with goggles was a crappy lens but I have found it to be quite tasty and the focus is spot on thanks to Dale Babin, the local lens tech in New Orleans. There is no interference to speak of as this lens is goggled for viewfinder magnification. I use it with a 1.25x leica mag and it works great.

Stuart-Unfortunately my m8 is in solms so I had to steal Steph's for a while because I am going to Japan in the coming weeks. She is back in New Zealand with the M6 which she probably won't use unless serious inspiration comes her way. I do have several of her pics from the trip which I may sneak onto the forum. Sorry we didn't catch up while we were here-the family completely monopolized us for the duration....B