Leica SL3 Review by Thomas Walter

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Eclectic Man:

Thanks for the review.  You state:

"... the active "dust shake" from the sensor, which you can hear and feel, is now practical."

So the SL3 has a sensor cleaning feature.  Is this automatic, or does it have to be selected?

thank you; you have to activate this feature every time you want to use it, in my eyes a good solution

• Like 1

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Planetwide:

Great review, thank you. When you say the readout is slow, how many frames per second would you estimate? Best guess, thx.

thank you - but sorry, at the moment I have no answer to your question; just the felling is (really) slow in many aspects, for example flash sync only 1/200s

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, MediaFotografie said:

Here is a collection of shots in the same setup SL 601, SL2, SL2-S and SL3 in all ISO settings for comparison.

That comparison should have been made with the same resolution.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, MediaFotografie said:

Hi Jonathan,

thank you very much!!!

It was an interesting test together with you and the others

thomas

In that context, I would like to thank all the testers. I know how much work and patience you have put into helping Leica get that camera out.

Edited by SrMi
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

...something curious: SL3 with adapter M to T (still the original with T) and M macro adapter and Macro-M 90mm

just to try it out (everything works up to the EXIF entry)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Very nice revue. Thank you.

One item I have not found in the manual is where the RCA port is for the shutter release cable, or if there is any shutter release cable available (pg. 28 #38 shows a USB-C type port, but no further mention is made in the manual.

Did you find some way to hold a cable and release the shutter? I'm sure Focus can do it, but that's not a really viable solution (especially in -10deg C weather!)

Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

• Like 1

vor 8 Stunden schrieb rgacpa:

One item I have not found in the manual is where the RCA port is for the shutter release cable, or if there is any shutter release cable available (pg. 28 #38 shows a USB-C type port, but no further mention is made in the manual.

Did you find some way to hold a cable and release the shutter? I'm sure Focus can do it, but that's not a really viable solution (especially in -10deg C weather!)

I used Leica's cable release (same as SL2) RC-SCL6; you can connect it to both sockets (audio in/out), exactly the same as SL2.

This part has a function for long time exposures - but I haven't tested this

14 hours ago, rgacpa said:

That is a labeling issue if you ask me, the little space in the middle is not a port, it is the same on the SL2 but the input was labeled at 3.5 port.
The Instruction book does not mention the part number or functionality for photos and video.

just in the pix. 

1. Remote shutter release