what adapter to use screw in lens?

brickftl

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 minutes ago, RobW0 said:

I have not had the lens very long. I have been happy with what little I have used it. It is a good zone focus lens not being rf coupled. I like the indents for the different focus points. I used the 35/135 adapter because that is the same frame lines that are activated by a 24mm lens. 

The Rayqual is available here:

https://shop.cameraquest.com/leica-screw-mount-adapters/rayqual-24/35/135-6-bit-coded-leica-screw-mount-type-iii-leica-screw-mount-lens-to-leica-m-body-adapt

okay, but just to be clear - you say that the 35/135 adapter shows frame lines that are activated by a 24mm lens. However the skopar is a 25mm lens.

1 minute ago, brickftl said:

okay, but just to be clear - you say that the 35/135 adapter shows frame lines that are activated by a 24mm lens. However the skopar is a 25mm lens.

There are no frame lines for the 24mm in the M10. I believe the M8 had 24mm frame lines. The 24mm is about the same as a 25mm. The recommended lens code for this lens is the Elmar M 24mm f/3.8 ASPH #11648.  If you mount this lens the 35/135 frame lines are what is displayed. The full RF window is a very ruff approximation for the 25mm.  

• Like 1

I have had the Skopar since ages - I started with it on the M6.  On the M8 it was good. On the M240 it just performed good and very sharp. I have pictures that are just jaw dropping for this lens.  In fact, its sharpness is great but I am sorry to say I sold it due to the fact that it didn't have a follow-focus on the RF. Then F/8 & 3 m for instance is great for the snapshot style. It gives great performance for the money.

You can code it as a 25mm. no problems there.

When the adapters were introduced for the Leica, the rule of thumb for a lens wider than the frames in the viewfinder was to use the largest frame. That means an 28/90 adapter would be the one for a 25mm lens - though all others would work in principle as well. As those with 28/90 (from Leitz) regularly don't have the cutouts (very rare exceptions), you shouldn't have any problems with them. 

1 hour ago, UliWer said:

When the adapters were introduced for the Leica, the rule of thumb for a lens wider than the frames in the viewfinder was to use the largest frame. That means an 28/90 adapter would be the one for a 25mm lens - though all others would work in principle as well. As those with 28/90 (from Leitz) regularly don't have the cutouts (very rare exceptions), you shouldn't have any problems with them. 

I guess it is a matter of preference. I consider it a 24mm so the 35/135 like a 24mm lens would have. If it was the 21mm Skopar then I would use the 28/90 like a 21mm lens would have.