Dumb question - Adapted lens - MOUNT issue

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Have a Zeiss Pancolar 50mm/F2 star wars - protrudes a bit more than the standard Exakta - and will NOT engage the lever (retainer clip) on any of the three adapters (different brands).

I assume from what I read - this is an "Exakta Reel" vs. Dresden mount.

Looking to adapt to L Mount (SL, S1, & TL2)...   Seen occasional one on ebay - but no knowledge of the mount, nor the off branded adapters...   Any advice appreciated (even if you adapted to M).

Thanx.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dg4mgr said:

"Exakta Real" was a West German camera, the Pancolar is a East German lens. Afaik, only West German lenses - Schacht and Schneider - were made in Exakta Real mount. A Pancolar should have the Exakta Dresden (East) mount.

Maybe you can see the differences here: https://exaktaphile.net/captjack/MiscAccyPage.htm

Thanks for that link.

I am into Exaktas at the moment and using one. I have an Exakta to Leica screw adaptor which I have used but wondered if there was an Exakta lens to Leica R body adaptor, though reading other threads it looks as if the Leicaflex/R flange distance is longer than any other SLR and infinity focus cannot be obtained with any other SLR lenses fitted to a Leicaflex/R body ?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Pyrogallol
  • Like 4