Transferring ALL Sofort 2 photos from the app to my phone over bluetooth

KeithT1974

I cannot transfer ANY images to my Xiaomi 11T Pro Android 13.

Bth connection is ok, but after triggering camera to send pictures ("press FN...") camera suspends. And nothing works from now. Only on/off unblock the camera.

(mobile to camera->print works good)

Camera firmware 1.0.0 and no update available....

Any hints?

On 12/22/2023 at 2:02 PM, KeithT1974 said:

Using the Leica app, how can I export ALL my photos on my Leica Sofort 2 to my phone?

It would appear I can only transfer the printed photos over bluetooth to my phone.  Is that correct?

Yes - printed only. This is the same limitation on the equivalent Fuji model and subject of much discussion on their forums. One workaround was to print images with no film cartridge to fool camera - but not ideal.

On 1/2/2024 at 9:28 AM, Budfox said:

Yes - printed only. This is the same limitation on the equivalent Fuji model and subject of much discussion on their forums. One workaround was to print images with no film cartridge to fool camera - but not ideal.

" One workaround was to print images with no film cartridge to fool camera - but not ideal." Have you tried this? ...any danger of damaging the camera? if it works sounds easy enough. 

On 1/3/2024 at 5:29 PM, Jeffry Abt said:

" One workaround was to print images with no film cartridge to fool camera - but not ideal." Have you tried this? ...any danger of damaging the camera? if it works sounds easy enough. 

No I have not tried it, and I am not recommending as it might damage the camera, I don't know. It was on a YouTube video easily found by searching (Fuji Mini EVO hack).

It's messy because involves using an empty film cartridge with the dark slide re-inserted. You can just use the card 'old school' method as per above, prob much easier, but not wireless.

I wonder if there is a licensing issue with Fuji that might prevent Leica changing this limitation in firmware - I am just speculating.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I imagine both Fuji and Leica want to sell more film (which is all made by Fuji, whatever the brand) and this is a deliberate limitation to 'encourage' you to print before exporting. Putting the media card in a reader doesn't seem like a particularly onerous workaround, though - after all, it's what many of us have been doing with our digital cameras for the past couple of decades. Many smartphones will also work directly with appropriate SD card readers without the need for a PC or Mac. In the Android world, your phone and reader/adapter need to be compatible with USB OTG ('On The Go'). The Xiaomi 11T Pro mentioned above, for example, is compatible with OTG.

Edited by Anbaric

• 3 weeks later...

A little off topic but does anyone know how to update the firmware on the Sofort 2? Mine says it's 1.0.0 but the section of the manual 'explaining' how to update the firmware says 1.04. Maybe that's just to illustrate what a firmware update would look like?

On 1/2/2024 at 9:28 AM, Budfox said:

The kicker here is that what transfers after printing is print resolution not the full 5MP. image. I have node why Leica made this choice!