Transferring photos from internal storage to Lightroom?!

shirubadanieru

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just now, digitalfx said:

Impossible...the camera port is 5Gbps, it cant transfer faster than the port its connected to.

Great thanks.  Thats too bad.  There is a big difference between 10 Gbps and 5.  but I guess its still pretty fast.  a 256gb card should transfer in less than a minute (about 25 seconds with g2 though...).

• 1 year later...

Transferring photos from my 11 when my memory on the SD card runs out is really really painful.  OK, I am not so Tech.  And I stick in my SD cards from both my Q2s and my M11 and none of them can read my M11 Monochrom photos.  It says, something like "Cannot copy SD card because there is already another photo with the same name") or something like that.  And I've tried numerous cards.  Yeah, I have the Leica cable, but . . .I want the photos on my iMac so I can see and edit them.  For now, I guess I go to Mike's Photo and buy another clean SD card and then transfer the photos . . . .  

Seems painful to me,  but OMG, when I messed up the M11's 64 MB hard drive was there, and saved (I hope) my384 photos from today.

Thoughts would be appreciated 

Which means that the photograph is both on the card and the internal memory or possibly that the card you are attempting to write to is full. Try using a freshly formatted card to write to. I find it good practice to always use a clean card for such operations and leave the card with images in a drawer for a while as extra backup in case you make a mistake in filing the images in the computer. As always: back up, back up and backup once again. 

9 hours ago, Wright Schickli said:

Transferring photos from my 11 when my memory on the SD card runs out is really really painful.  OK, I am not so Tech.  And I stick in my SD cards from both my Q2s and my M11 and none of them can read my M11 Monochrom photos.  It says, something like "Cannot copy SD card because there is already another photo with the same name") or something like that.  And I've tried numerous cards.  Yeah, I have the Leica cable, but . . .I want the photos on my iMac so I can see and edit them.  For now, I guess I go to Mike's Photo and buy another clean SD card and then transfer the photos . . . .  

Seems painful to me,  but OMG, when I messed up the M11's 64 MB hard drive was there, and saved (I hope) my384 photos from today.

Thoughts would be appreciated 

You need to have a clean-formated SD card in order to copy photos from IN to the SD card.

If you know this is nothing important on the card you can format it on the capture or in camera. And then proceed to copy it to the SD card.

If you need a software on your PC, there is a free utility called SD Memory Card Formatter. 
link:  https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

• 8 months later...

Just reading this thread, is there a way to download photos directly from the M11 to a portable hard drive (Sandisk or Lacie)?

I have a trip planned and would like to be able to backup the photos without having to bring my laptop. 

Thanks in advance!