M6 TTL LHSA MP Finder Upgrade

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Stab in the dark, but has anyone with a LHSA M6 TTL done the MP finder upgrade?  If so, any problems?

I inquired with Youxin and he said:

“The problem is, we know the Titanium classic M6 was a special production, the regular MP windows do not fit the windows.  The camera was a custom-made special order, windows are slightly smaller than regular M6 or MP.

I am not sure whether the LHSA special edition has the same problem.  We did M6 TTL 2000 black painted and no problem.  But the LHSA special edition is another batch. Once the windows come off, if new coated windows do not fit, we have to recement the original windows back, it won't be as pretty as the original due to the paint on window edges having some loss.”

In 2013 I sent a M6 TTL Millennium to the Solms factory for the finder upgrade. Leica installed multicoated rangefinder windows, installed a condenser to reduce white out flare, changed the shutter seals from the original fabric to the newer polyester. It was well worth it, reducing glare and making the camera easier to use. Contact Don Goldberg at DAG camera, he should be able to give you a better answer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, madNbad said:

In 2013 I sent a M6 TTL Millennium to the Solms factory for the finder upgrade. Leica installed multicoated rangefinder windows, installed a condenser to reduce white out flare, changed the shutter seals from the original fabric to the newer polyester. It was well worth it, reducing glare and making the camera easier to use. Contact Don Goldberg at DAG camera, he should be able to give you a better answer.

Thank you! Just emailed Don.