V-Lux 2 - System Error(zoom)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

Just getting back to an old classic and I am getting Sytem Error (Zoom).

Camera operates normally in the wide-angle aspect from the start-up position, but if the zoom control lever is operated, it will ask you to turn off and on again. Alternatively, the zoom works, but if operates a second time, the zoom starts to hunt and then indicates a System Error (Zoom) error.

Has anyone else experienced this and come up with a solution?

Thanks for your time,

Douglas

Douglas, have you tried the camera with a second, fully charged,  battery? Second, in the menu try a factory reset. If you don't have the original user manual, download one by googling, and refresh your camera handling skills. I am often doing that with my old kit.

Hello David,

Yes, I have 3 fully charged batteries; however the results are all the same. I will try your suggestion of a factory reset though, that is something that worked elsewhere in the past.

Thanks again, I shall try to locate a manual and give that a go tomorrow, and then get back to the list.

Thanks

Douglas

• Like 1

Hello David,

Sadly no luck with a Factory Reset, I suspect that like other early digitals, and some point & shoot film cameras, that the ribbon cable to the lens is starting to fail - flexed too many times or become too brittle with age.

I will have to investigate as to whether it is economical to fix I suppose, even though it is in a nice condition otherwise.

Thanks again for your interest and suggestions.

cheers

Douglas

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks David,

I am way down south in Australia, and am trying to locate the old former Leica tech folks here, like the ones that fixed by Digilux 2 many years back.

Will let you know what I come up with, but think it may be uneconomical or simply a short term solution due to parts.

cheers

Douglas

• 5 weeks later...