Lens hood for 35mm Summarit F2.5

Dbrass

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Looking for either the Leica (which I haven't been able to locate for years) or an alternative lens hood for 35mm Summarit F2.5. I am based in UK so would be good to locate something local-ish!

Very happy for an alternative as long as it doesn't darken corners.

https://store.leica-camera.com/at/en/lens-hood-with-cap-for-m-35mm-f/2.5-50mm-f/2.5-black

Since the filter thread is still 39mm, there are a number of 39mm threaded aftermarket, vented hoods that would fit - but I don't know any that would fit over the outside like the threaded original. I have the original rectangular hood, which works very well but seems a bit longer than necessary. I often use my 35 2.5 without the hood, as it is very flare resistant - unlike the 50 2.5 that is much better with the hood. (The same hood fits both 35 & 50.)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I use this hood with my 2,5/35 mm Summarit.

https://www.amazon.de/vhbw-Streulicht-Gegenlicht-Panasonic-Fujifilm/dp/B00K0EPH5E/ref=sr_1_6?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=31GY57ESNVA4Y&keywords=vhbw+39mm&qid=1703864702&sprefix=vhbw+39mm%2Caps%2C98&sr=8-6

I guess you can find it on your local Amazon store, too.

It is attached to a protection filter and I don't have any problems with vignetting in the corners.