The CL using R and M lenses, samples and advice please.

davidrc

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I am about to get a CL. I have some R lenses and it would help to have some general advice using, and which adapters to avoid and use.

I am not assuming that a Leica adapter is essential, but would it guarantee better results and a better fit, reliable….(one would hope)

I have used adapters before, so address anything specific to Leica R and the CL please that I may not be aware of, thus saving everyone’s time.

And samples with data would be of interest and help.

R’s 35, 50, 90 are mine.

Advance thanks,

David

Another option is to stack adapters. The Leica TL-M adapter for optimum functionality and any decent M-R adapter. This has the advantage of being able to use both R and M  lenses and through various M-to-whatever adapters just about any manual SLR lens in the world.

I found a decent deal on the R to L so I got that, no complaints so far, quality is great, tripod mount has been useful for trying to shoot the supermoon.  I thought of stacking R to M and M to L adapters, but I don't envision myself using huge R telephoto lenses on an M anyway, so I decided to just optimize my R to CL experience.

• 1 month later...

I started out with a Canon 25mm f3.5, and a Leica M to L adapter, this is a tiny lens. I realized since this was my most used lens, I wanted something faster, I looked at the 24 Summilux, but just couldn't swallow the price, I ended up with the 23 Summicron TL, a really good lens, but not spectacular. 

• jaapv changed the title to The CL using R and M lenses, samples and advice please.