Survey of Interest: Faster Adjustments for ISO, EV and WB

sean_reid

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Wow - I'm glad I brought this one up again!

YES YES YES to all changes

and if Leica is worried that some may not like these functions, they could make the whole scheme be enabled through a menu selection, so people who want it the way it is now for some reason could have it that way.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - I'm glad I brought this one up again!

YES YES YES to all changes

and if Leica is worried that some may not like these functions, they could make the whole scheme be enabled through a menu selection, so people who want it the way it is now for some reason could have it that way.

Absolutely.

Owner since Dec 06 and Oct 07

Yes to the changes, especially EV compensation.

The faster and simpler method to perform EV compensation IMO would be to hold the shutter button at the "exposure lock" point and to rotate the control wheel, clockwise to -EV and counterclockwise to +EV, as implemented on the Canon pro dslrs

EV compensation when needed needs to be FAST and without taking the eye away from the finder!

Ed

These are GREAT ideas. I am particularly fond of the "reassign the protect button" option. I admit I DO occassionally protect images but I do so during "down time" to protect against possible accidental deletions while shooting. I would much rather have the protect option dropped into a menu with either film speed or exp. adj. moved into the handy "one click" position "protect" currently and undeservedly enjoys.