Film or Digital for Big Trip this Fall

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I also realized 2 weeks ago that it is really helpful to decide in advance for a simple setup to work with. I took both, the M11 and MP to London and ended up shooting mostly film. But still, I was always struggling should I now use the M11 or rather stick to the MP? In the end, I could have lived way more calm during these days If I had decided just before 😉 And I also hate to carry too much stuff with me all the day! I actually prefer just the camera with one lens around my should and that's it.

• Like 2

On 10/9/2023 at 3:17 AM, Jewl said:

I also realized 2 weeks ago that it is really helpful to decide in advance for a simple setup to work with. I took both, the M11 and MP to London and ended up shooting mostly film. But still, I was always struggling should I now use the M11 or rather stick to the MP? In the end, I could have lived way more calm during these days If I had decided just before 😉 And I also hate to carry too much stuff with me all the day! I actually prefer just the camera with one lens around my should and that's it.

I have the same cameras and am similarly heading to London soon. I’ve been to London many times so it isn’t a once in a lifetime trip - last two times I only had the M11 and it served me brilliantly. I am considering just taking the MP this time since I just got the camera, but I am somewhat concerned about airport X-rays since I will have to take a few flights while over there. Would likely shoot Portra 400. Could buy the film there but don’t think I have time to get it developed out there.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb TheEyesHaveIt:

I have the same cameras and am similarly heading to London soon. I’ve been to London many times so it isn’t a once in a lifetime trip - last two times I only had the M11 and it served me brilliantly. I am considering just taking the MP this time since I just got the camera, but I am somewhat concerned about airport X-rays since I will have to take a few flights while over there. Would likely shoot Portra 400. Could buy the film there but don’t think I have time to get it developed out there.

Good point, was there also a couple of times and then you can have a different perspective than the typical touri stuff 😉

Even though I have asked the airport staff to check my film manually (in Heathrow) they declined the request and mentioned everything up to 800 speed should be fine through the xray scanners. I was discussing with them but in the end I didn't have a choice. The good thing, it didn't harm / negatively impact the outcome (got the rolls back already). I had lomo 800 and portra 800 with me. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 7:34 AM, TheEyesHaveIt said:

You could get it developed +/- printed in the UK and posted/scanned to you. These people are good.

https://harmanlab.com/

(Hi everyone, my first post here. Name chosen as I am doing German on Duolingo.)

Edited by Hell
Spelling
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Hell said:

You could get it developed +/- printed in the UK and posted/scanned to you. These people are good.

https://harmanlab.com/

(Hi everyone, my first post here. Name chosen as I am doing German on Duolingo.)

You could also send an email to the security teams at each airport you will use asking about hadn't searching for film baggage.  Then when you turn up at security, produce the email that says they provide hand search for film on request.