I Love My M6!

Just picked up a mint M6 TTL:

28597447123_4698605b8a_b_d.jpg

And a batch of film. Haven't shot film for months! The serial number is 372xxx, wonder if its brass top or not. Came in a plastic inner box so probably not!

Lovely feeling and I love the speed dial !!!

• Like 5

And a new photo of a well used camera, with it's latest lens addition.

M6 with 35mm summilux pre-asph. 

U55701I1471525803.SEQ.0.jpg

Nikon FE with 3.5/55 micro-Nikko; Fomapan 400 @ 250 in LQN.

It's the best well used Leica black chrome I ever see. Congrats. Much love for this camera :)

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my TTL, a worn Millennium with the 75 Summicron (lens currently for sale in the B&S section).

[C-Lux 2]

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

I gave my M6 a Soft Release Button and thats the best 6€ I've ever spent on camera gear :D Shot the first 72 frames the last few days and it felt great... 

Also, switched the 35/1.2(Great lens, but wow thats like carrying a second M6 on the front) for the 35 Summi Asph. Seems like I reached my dream setup :D

dscf8517w2z2u.jpg

dscf8524bqb3h.jpg

• Like 5

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As we are all giving the M6 TTL a Hand I thought I must do the same. Mine is a 0.58 finder for spectacle wearers. I love mine too, but my favourite lens seems to be a 21mm, so I often have a finder attached in the hotshoe. Mine got a lot of love this summer as the M9 was having the sensor replaced at Wetzlar. A big shout out for Leica Wetzlar too - massive thank you for 2 week turnaround and great 1-2-1 customer service. My M9 is amazing now too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

...just bought a 25 year old M6 Classic (black) for the price of an M8 (this was the alternative) from an elder gentleman - and I am lucky with it (and my decision).

"User" camera with the right amount of regular carefull use and ALL functions are perfect. Exposure and shutter are very,very precise an the transport is incredibly smooth.

It's a camera, that wants to be used to stay flawless - I will try my very best to keep it running.

Best,

Jens

• 1 month later...

I gave my M6 a Soft Release Button and thats the best 6€ I've ever spent on camera gear :D Shot the first 72 frames the last few days and it felt great... 

Also, switched the 35/1.2(Great lens, but wow thats like carrying a second M6 on the front) for the 35 Summi Asph. Seems like I reached my dream setup :D

dscf8517w2z2u.jpg

dscf8524bqb3h.jpg

I notice you have black tape in the bright lines illumination window. How well does it work for you?

I notice you have black tape in the bright lines illumination window. How well does it work for you?

Hey, Actually it does not make a huge difference in daily use.

But on some heavy sunny days and weird angles of the light - I have the feeling it helps a little bit.

Of course its only "my" observation but I already used it on my first M6(a 0.72 one) and tested it quite a while now.

I know there are a many people who say its useless - I think it doesn't make it any worse so I keep it :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a mint M6 TTL:

28597447123_4698605b8a_b_d.jpg

And a batch of film. Haven't shot film for months! The serial number is 372xxx, wonder if its brass top or not. Came in a plastic inner box so probably not!

Lovely feeling and I love the speed dial !!!

I think all the chrome M6 TTL's are Zinc tops. Even if it were Brass, Leica usually covers it with Nickel then the chrome. So either way, don't expect to see any brassing. Hey still a fine rig, my man.

• 2 weeks later...

That's my M6 TTL 0.85 with a couple of lenses and a cookie!

• Like 3

Time for a shot of mine.

Definitely not a shelf-queen, been on two Europe trips already.

New (to me) lens and I'm itching to give it a run.

Gary

• Like 6

Very nice Gary. The chrome M6 is a beautiful camera.

The SA looks to be in fantastic condition. What prompted you to go for the f4 version? And I take it the meter won't work, or work as well, with this lens mounted? Looking forward to the results.

br

Philip

Time for a shot of mine.

Definitely not a shelf-queen, been on two Europe trips already.

New (to me) lens and I'm itching to give it a run.

Gary

• Like 1

Thank you Philip, long story as always.

I bought a nice 21/3.4 a while back, no finder, and in average condition, nice but not real nice. I never really liked it, no idea why, and I sold/swapped it.

This 21/4 and finder was listed at "my local" and I decided to try it again. F4 Vs F3.4? No idea if either is better/worse, time will tell.

I'd actually asked Eoin to try the comparison 21mm on the M against the SWC, similar FOV's, apart from square neg/rectangular neg. Now I can try this myself.

If the 21 bonds, then it will mean I can possibly leave the SWC behind next year when we have coffee.

No, metering is either problematic or not possible, I just guess.

Gary

• Like 2