I Love My M6!

Well guys, its officially here!

I'm incredibly excited. Shooting my first roll of Tri-X today with my Leica M6TTL. Rangefinders are a much different experience but I can see the merits in being comfortable with the system. This is the M6TTL Millennium NSH Special Edition that was featured on Japan Camera Hunter a few years ago. It's absolutely beautiful and I plan on keeping this forever! One day I'll hand it down to someone in my family if they ever love photography as much as I do. Until then, I'm going to shoot the hell out of it. I wasn't planning on getting such a rare Leica but thats just how things played out. It's already brassing nicely from its previous owner and came with all original materials. My SN is 201/400. I also got the the matching Black Paint Leicavit thrown in with the deal. Honestly, I could not be happier with everything. It feels great to be a part of the family and I'll share some images with you guys soon.

This is with the ONA Presidio strap. I added some triangular tug rings to my M6 so the strap would be compatible. 

uTYo3bm.jpg

I'm jealous my standard m6 won't brass like this ha ha.

• Like 1

Well guys, its officially here!

I'm incredibly excited. Shooting my first roll of Tri-X today with my Leica M6TTL. Rangefinders are a much different experience but I can see the merits in being comfortable with the system. This is the M6TTL Millennium NSH Special Edition that was featured on Japan Camera Hunter a few years ago. It's absolutely beautiful and I plan on keeping this forever! One day I'll hand it down to someone in my family if they ever love photography as much as I do. Until then, I'm going to shoot the hell out of it. I wasn't planning on getting such a rare Leica but thats just how things played out. It's already brassing nicely from its previous owner and came with all original materials. My SN is 201/400. I also got the the matching Black Paint Leicavit thrown in with the deal. Honestly, I could not be happier with everything. It feels great to be a part of the family and I'll share some images with you guys soon.

This is with the ONA Presidio strap. I added some triangular tug rings to my M6 so the strap would be compatible. 

That's freaking gorgeous. I'll trade you my stock M6 and a 1998 Ford Ranger for it. :)

I found my M6 a few days ago.  After doing a lot of reading and fretting about which film M body I wanted to start with, I decided on an M6 Classic.  I found a "titanium" one on Craiglist for a good price and bought it.  The camera was in much nicer condition than I expected.  The seller really understated how clean it was.  It included the original box, strap, etc.  I showed the camera to a friend and he refused to believe it was 20 years old.

I put around 5 or 6 rolls through it this weekend, very anxious to see the results.  The shutter release feels so good, and there is -nothing- more satisfying than the action of the film advance lever.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Joshua Lowe
  • Like 7

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My first Leica. One owner from new. All original boxes and paperwork. The owner told me he only put 5 rolls through it before deciding it wasn't for him. It's like new. Very happy.

21948004174_bda7b7b086_b.jpgCamera Roll-2283 by -Captures...Moments....Forever-

Lovely picture of a beautiful camera and lens...particularly with an iPhone.

Edited by david strachan
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Terrible picture quality but I still love it ;)

It's been my only camera and lens for the last years and having taken it to many interesting places over the years I have never once felt like I need another lens or camera. :) M6 + 35 cron and some Portra is all I'll ever need!

Every single photo on my site has been taken with this camera and lens: http://www.philippwortmann.com/

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 12

Terrible picture quality but I still love it ;)

It's been my only camera and lens for the last years and having taken it to many interesting places over the years I have never once felt like I need another lens or camera. :) M6 + 35 cron and some Portra is all I'll ever need!

Every single photo on my site has been taken with this camera and lens: http://www.philippwortmann.com/

That's a beauty!

• Like 1

The bubbles are quite common on M6's, as they have the zinc top plate instead of brass (a cost cutting measure).  The characteristic is pretty much unavoidable on most M6's (and some late M4's variances), but luckily it doesn't affect picture taking.  It's a cosmetic defect and if it bothers you so much, you can send your camera to Leica to have replaced with a brass top plate... at a hefty price.

On the positive side, you can argue with the seller and negotiate a lower selling price, due to the cosmetic defects.

The bubbles are quite common on M6's, as they have the zinc top plate instead of brass (a cost cutting measure).  

Not cost cutting, the change to zinc was made to overcome the distortion problems with some brass top plates which occurred on the M4-2 and M4-P. In fact the use of zinc casting worked out more expensive than brass. Very late M6TTLs and M7s and MPs and reverted to milled brass top plates.