M11 User Profiles

Ton Ton

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, Antonio Russell said:

I find it counterintuitive also that the selected profile number is not displayed on the back screen following initial profile selection.

4 minutes ago, lct said:

I don't understand what you mean by "back screen following initial profile selection", would you mind to elaborate?

My experience is that when I choose a profile the correct icon shows on the rear screen. When I next check the screen (not immediately after I’ve set the profile but probably not involving any change to the camera settings) the icon is the generic standard profile even though the camera is using all the settings of the chosen profile. I therefore learned to ignore this bug and just carry on shooting. I understand that the new firmware updates this so that the icon for the chosen profile is always displayed on the rear screen. I haven’t yet re-saved my profiles and gone out much with the camera so can’t confirm whether it has worked for my particular profile settings. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ianforber said:

My experience is that when I choose a profile the correct icon shows on the rear screen. When I next check the screen (not immediately after I’ve set the profile but probably not involving any change to the camera settings) the icon is the generic standard profile even though the camera is using all the settings of the chosen profile. I therefore learned to ignore this bug and just carry on shooting. I understand that the new firmware updates this so that the icon for the chosen profile is always displayed on the rear screen. I haven’t yet re-saved my profiles and gone out much with the camera so can’t confirm whether it has worked for my particular profile settings. 

Ah yes i understand thank you. I had the same problem before updating my old profiles. Seems to be fixed since i updated them, at least when using coded lenses. Same for uncoded lenses but i have a special profile for them. Without such a profile, the icon would be generic i guess but i did not check.  

2 hours ago, lct said:

I had the same problem before updating my old profiles. Seems to be fixed since i updated them, at least when using coded lenses.

Not anymore on UHS-II card sorry. Got the same bug again with two coded lenses. Now the same profiles seem to work perfectly on UHS-I cards. I will go on testing different coded and uncoded lenses to be sure but i suspect i will stick to UHS-I cards pending the next firmware update as i planed to do it initially.