Q3 - USER PROFILES Disappears from Favorites Menu

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm new to Leica, so I'm sure this is a user issue, but the USER PROFILES setting is not staying saved in the Favorites menu.  Here's the scenario - I have set-up and saved a few different User Profiles that I would like to easily switch through the Favorites menu.  So far, I have done the following:

• Created, saved & renamed 4 USER PROFILES
  • Went to EDIT FAVORITES, turned ON User Profiles and turned everything else OFF (for now)

At first, USER PROFILES appears in the Favorites Menu and it works like a charm, in two button clicks I can switch to the User Profile I want.  After taking the picture, USER PROFILES disappears from the Favorites menu and I have to go hunt through menus to change it again. 

Separately, I have tried to customize a FN button to allow me to easily select different User Profiles, but the FN button just goes to whatever U.P. is currently Active and does not take me to the U.P. menu to be able to switch User Profiles. Ugh.

Is there a firmware glitch (on 1.3) affecting saving things to Favorites, or am I doing something wrong?  It works flawlessly exactly 1 time.  Suggestions?  

27 minutes ago, Knorp said:

mmm, just a thought: don’t you have to save your favourites menu for every single user profile ?

Oh, wow, so in every User Profile I set-up, I have to:

• Open CUSTOMIZE CONTROL > Edit Favorites > (turn ON) User Profile
  • Then go to USER PROFILE > Manage Profiles > Save As Profile (and re-save to selected U.P.)

What a pain in the ass, but it worked!!  Thanks for giving me a different perspective on this.  Like I said, I'm new to Leica, so I'm trying to work through their menu logic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LocalHero1953 said:

I don’t have the Q3, just the Q2. On the graphical quick menu there is a little head and shoulders icon, which is for selecting the user profile. No need to use the Favourites menu or the main menu. Does this icon not exist on the Q3?

Ugh, where were you 10min ago!  🙂. Thanks!!

11 minutes ago, LocalHero1953 said:

I don’t have the Q3, just the Q2. On the graphical quick menu there is a little head and shoulders icon, which is for selecting the user profile. No need to use the Favourites menu or the main menu. Does this icon not exist on the Q3?

It does and seems to me the preferred method for chosing the required user profile. There are many ways that lead to Rome, no ?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

That Profile icon is there on the Q3. However, if I use it to set one of my customized user profiles and then turn the camera off, it's back to the default profile when I turn it on again. I'd like it to stay on the user profile that I selected.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DanF said:

That Profile icon is there on the Q3. However, if I use it to set one of my customized user profiles and then turn the camera off, it's back to the default profile when I turn it on again. I'd like it to stay on the user profile that I selected.

Not sure why this would be if you have been through the process of saving (and naming) the profiles you have developed. 

I went through this process when I first got my Q3 and if I shut down the camera when I was using Profile 2 (named “Street” for my purposes) that’s what comes up when I turn the camera on again.

I can only think that if you made a change to (let’s say Profile 2) while using it, then the display will not show Profile 2, but a numberless profile icon. If you switched the camera off in this condition then it will restart with the numberless profile showing and not in Profile 2.

• Like 1