Light gray stripes on the alu body

Energie

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

3 hours ago, Energie said:

Something else, do somebody knows  a problemsolution about occasionally malfunction of the knob to take a picture.

No experience of the shutter button 'sticking' on Leica X cameras but it's a known problem on PanaLeica compact cameras e.g. D-Lux 109. I remedied same on a D-Lux 109 by judicious use of electronic switch cleaner 'helped' by sliding a piece of "engineers' drafting film" between the  zoom / shutter button assembly and camera top plate ... and sliding the film back and forth – thus partially cleaning the assembly. However, this procedure only effected a temporary remedy and it required another clean within 6 months. Consider trying this 'at your own risk' using minimal amount of switch cleaner.

The problem with all Leica X Series cameras is that Leica Camera AG no longer offers any support / servicing - and finding a third party repairer prepared to tackle servicing is difficult - mainly because spare parts are not available from Leica.  However, one possible avenue for Leica X camera repairs might be Don Goldberg in USA https://www.dagcamera.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

Edited by dkCambridgeshire

This is so helpfull, many thanks!

I'l try some contactcleaner these day's. Its a panasonic shutter buton.

I thought i had a real Leica with lifetime service possibilities, but it have not enough importens for de Leica compagnie, but it's business as useal.

1 hour ago, Energie said:

This is so helpfull, many thanks!

I'l try some contactcleaner these day's. Its a panasonic shutter buton.

I thought i had a real Leica with lifetime service possibilities, but it have not enough importens for de Leica compagnie, but it's business as useal.

You have. Dunk was referring to a different camera, made by Panasonic.

20 minutes ago, Energie said:

You mean, it's a real Leica, but with no service anymore

Only the shutterbutton is a Pana, i thought.

No ... The shutter button is not Panasonic. But I managed to remedy a similar problem on a Panasonic shutter release mechanism by cleaning as best possible with electronic contact cleaner – and without dismantling. You could also try using a can of compressed air to 'blow out' any dust which might be compromising the shutter release's contacts. 

Yes it's a proper / real Leica – but Leica no longer offer any service support. 

Edited by dkCambridgeshire