Peter’s farewell post

grahamc

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Germany goes its own course... Still Saturday in Holland :lol: 

9 minutes ago, LocalHero1953 said:

Britain has drifted even further offshore after BREXIT than I expected. But it looks like you kept the Greenwich meridian. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LocalHero1953 said:

Britain has drifted even further offshore after BREXIT than I expected. But it looks like you kept the Greenwich meridian. 

Took me some time (and two more coffees) to get this. But good news for me – just got an extra weekend day off!

Andreas

• Haha 6

I would like to add another aspect of farewell posts: for privacy reasons, the moderating team is severely handicapped in responding; we cannot put everything that transpires between us and the (ex)member in an open forum.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ianman said:

I was sad to see Steven go and am sad to see Peter go. But from what I read back then, I fully understand why Steven was asked to stop posting about new products. He obviously had inside knowing that was not meant to be shared. I believe, but could be wrong, that he is still a member, albeit silent now.

It would be extremely difficult for him to participate in discussions here without revealing his identity. We all know his habits, his family, his dog and even his thumb nails😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 2:35 AM, LUF Admin said:

1. General: Farewell posts have the strong tendency to start a downward spiral and fights. Of course it's absolutely OK to leave the forum. And I'm always open to discuss how I run the forum. But you can't have both: Starting a discussion with complaints about moderation while stopping the discussion by leaving the forum. This almost always derails in general „everything used to be better“ discussions. Nothing good comes from such topics. Sometimes even the gone member registers again and post „some last things I wanted to say…“. Long story short: If you want to leave the forum, send a short message to me. Please tell me the reasons why you want to leave – I'm honestly interested. But I don't tolerate this kind of public grievances without an option for a discussion.

Andreas

What happens if a member simply changes his interests?  Can he post that he sold all his Leica gear and went back to a DSLR system (no bashing of any kind) and he won't be participating on the LUF?  Would such a post still be deleted?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, RayD28 said:

What happens if a member simply changes his interests?  Can he post that he sold all his Leica gear and went back to a DSLR system (no bashing of any kind) and he won't be participating on the LUF?  Would such a post still be deleted?

Like this thread? No problem at all I guess. I don't think this user has any plans to leave the forum though.

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/334678-confessions-of-a-defector-to-sony/

Edited by evikne
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RayD28 said:

I don't know but it would sound kind of whiny and a 'notice me' posting. There is no reason not to continue contributing to LUF even if you'd defected to Holga, maybe some insights in the new system would be helpful in a general way. But it also supposes everybody gets lobotomised when jumping ship and forgets everything useful they ever knew about Leica cameras. These 'I'm going' posts are the dramatic exits that every little kid has rehearsed in their minds and then been laughed at upon delivery, only sometimes it has to wait for later in life..

• 1 year later...
On 9/3/2022 at 1:13 AM, jaapv said:

We get requests to "delete my account" and Andreas always complies, but I have often wondered what the rationale is over simply stopping posting or visiting. It is a bit like asking the bouncer in a bar to throw you out in the street instead of walking out of the door.

Searching for other ways to delete my account, I came across this old thread.

Here are my reasons to definitively exit the Leica Forum for good (instead of just going silent):

1. Request to cancel the premium membership unanswered: Account deletion seems to be less hassle than future credit card disputes?

2. Desire to disassociate from this place: Please don't count me as a member.

I don't appreciate the lack of communication on my emails or the lack of action on my deletion request via the profile page.

As Andreas has stated, "this forum is a commercial business". I expect some level of responsiveness (I have been a paying premium member so far).

I am glad to hear that in your experience, "Andreas always complies." Keeping my fingers crossed.

If you cancelled your premium membership, there will be no creditcard dispute. For the rest: Sorry to see you go; we appreciated the time you were here. 

• Like 2

Account was deleted.

If anyone wants th have their account deleted, please contact me via PM – easiest and fastest way.

If any misunderstandings or errors occur around your premium membership, I'll always refund payments – promise

Andreas

• Thanks 2