The "Leica Look"

Advertisement (gone after registration)

this was on Instagram...hilarious..

The "Leica Look"....Industar M39 lens on a TL2..brilliant ;)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 10:03 PM, Tailwagger said:

It's my hatred of institutions of like Instacrap that has finally allowed me to understand and relate to my parents annoyance with youth culture. 

I always really liked my parents record collection (Beatles, Stones, etc) and they ended up liking mine (Blur, Stone Roses, etc) - now my kid likes something called K-Pop and I’m really feeling the generation gap

She also assumes that any idiot with a you tube channel is famous and worthwhile, which is something I’m desperately trying to educate her about… Plus she’s 9 going on 14, which I understand is par for the course these days

• Like 2

I feel a little bit sorry for our kids these days... I personally think they live in a very uniformed world. Media are all about diversity, flavours...but in fact I think nowadays world is very "monochrome". One software (Windows), few type of phones, one car chasiss shared among manufacturers... one type of popular music around the world... one browser... one e-mail service... one youtube... 

I also feel generation gap. And what is even more interesting is my everyday experience with young people. I teach math and chemistry as additional job and must say that our boys and girls are really really great. They want to live a more "human" live but they have obstacles everywhere. Talking to them I realised the world today is different but the young generation is still very similar. They like traditional things which are sadly banned nowadays. They can not run in woods due to ticks and Lhyme desease, they can not swimm in rivers due to "danger" flow, they can not go with bikes due to too much traffic...they can not go and play "freely" in gardens because at least one adult shall be looking at them...yes everything is too dangerous...😅

Edit. I realised my post is too long and too philosophical 😁 Sorry. As Bond used to say: The world is not enough.

Edited by Cobram
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I can remember that when around 11 years old (circa 1954) I heard some classmates walking around the school playground mumbling:

"One, two, tree o'clock, four o'clock rock
Five, six, seven o'clock, eight o'clock rock
Nine, ten, eleven o'clock, twelve o'clock rock
We're gonna rock around the clock tonight"

Puzzled by this strange ritual, I asked what the words meant. "I don't know", I was told. "But parents and teachers hate them!"

(It was of course, words from a song by Bill Haley and the Comets.)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2