Leica sl2-s error code

Brian Dowling

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey guys. First time posting so hopefully someone can help

After installing firmware 2.0 when I turn off the camera I see the red circle on screen except instead of the "leica" name inside the red circle I only see "!" inside the circle

This has been bothering me for a few weeks now. I would like to try fix it. 

On further inspection of the menu I come across this menu called "ROM BACKUP" and inside this menu their are various items (all of which I have no idea what the do or what this menu is for)

In this menu their is a grayed out "!-LEICA" piece of text .

This Grayed out piece of text tells me its connected to the turn off screen. 

I wonder could someone help resolve this. 

I have tried to re install the firmware but it won't all me. 

Thanks in Advance 

29 minutes ago, Brian Dowling said:

Hey guys. First time posting so hopefully someone can help

After installing firmware 2.0 when I turn off the camera I see the red circle on screen except instead of the "leica" name inside the red circle I only see "!" inside the circle

This has been bothering me for a few weeks now. I would like to try fix it. 

On further inspection of the menu I come across this menu called "ROM BACKUP" and inside this menu their are various items (all of which I have no idea what the do or what this menu is for)

In this menu their is a grayed out "!-LEICA" piece of text .

This Grayed out piece of text tells me its connected to the turn off screen. 

I wonder could someone help resolve this. 

I have tried to re install the firmware but it won't all me. 

Thanks in Advance 

Welcome to the Forum. Sorry to hear this.

SD cards can sometimes cause a number errors. There are many reports on this Forum of cameras giving error messages due to faulty or unformatted SD cards

Download SD card Formatter , reformat your cards & then format again in the camera. 

If that doesn't solve the issue then try to reset the camera - Main Menu>Pg.6

Failing that follow Jaap's advice.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, frame-it said:

where and how did you find >> come across this menu called "ROM BACKUP"  ?

Main menu, page 6, 3 items down. 

It will show language, Reset camera, then ROM BACKUP

First I can't find any information on what ROM BACKUP does but also in that menu it has the grayed out text "! - Leica" which I am presuming is connected to my issue.

I would like to possibly reset my camera to factory firmware but any of the reset camera items only resets my settings 

Any idea how I might factory reset my camera?

12 hours ago, michali said:

Welcome to the Forum. Sorry to hear this.

SD cards can sometimes cause a number errors. There are many reports on this Forum of cameras giving error messages due to faulty or unformatted SD cards. 

Download SD card Formatter , reformat your cards & then format again in the camera. 

If that doesn't solve the issue then try to reset the camera - Main Menu>Pg.6

Failing that follow Jaap's advice.

HI, super grateful for your comment. My issue is going on for a few weeks and I have the camera only 4 weeks. It wasn't actually a card problem at all

But you have actually fixed the issue for me. 

The really weird thing is. My camera seamed to have extra menu items like ROM BACKUP and a 7th page in the menu. I had around 6 menu items in menu page 6 and all. It looks like my camera may have gone into some sort of service menu mode which I just don't know why.

Anyway I had 2 menu items that said reset camera. The first one reset the menu and settings and didn't work to reset firmware or anything big. I wasn't going to try the 2nd reset option but after reading your comment I tried it. The camera instantly turned off and came back on showing the original leica opening cool animated graphic. Then I noticed the firmware was still 2.0 but when I turned the camera off the proper closing "leica" logo appeared. So massive success here.

I am thrilled

I can't figure out why it went into some sort of larger service style menu but the issue is resolved now thanks for leading me down a path to help me fix it.

Legend

Thanks

Brian 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, frame-it said:

pity we cant see a screenshot of the ROM options page :)

I should have taken a PIC of it. I seamed to be in some sort of service menu as it looked like I had a lot more menu items than everyone else. It was really weird. I got the camera reset now and its all back to normal

The camera itself even seams a bit faster

I only have the camera 4-5 weeks so I didn't know the menus were screwed up

12 hours ago, Brian Dowling said:

HI, super grateful for your comment. My issue is going on for a few weeks and I have the camera only 4 weeks. It wasn't actually a card problem at all

But you have actually fixed the issue for me. 

The really weird thing is. My camera seamed to have extra menu items like ROM BACKUP and a 7th page in the menu. I had around 6 menu items in menu page 6 and all. It looks like my camera may have gone into some sort of service menu mode which I just don't know why.

Anyway I had 2 menu items that said reset camera. The first one reset the menu and settings and didn't work to reset firmware or anything big. I wasn't going to try the 2nd reset option but after reading your comment I tried it. The camera instantly turned off and came back on showing the original leica opening cool animated graphic. Then I noticed the firmware was still 2.0 but when I turned the camera off the proper closing "leica" logo appeared. So massive success here.

I am thrilled

I can't figure out why it went into some sort of larger service style menu but the issue is resolved now thanks for leading me down a path to help me fix it.

Legend

Thanks

Brian 

Pleasure & pleased that you've resolved the issue.

Best

Mike