I ordered the m10-r black paint

JimmyCheng

5 hours ago, dieter123456 said:

M 10 R BP shutter button failing 

Did someone had an issue with the shutter button not working properly ? 
I had to send mine back to Wetzlar and am awaiting the verdict 🙂 

A couple of us did, if you scroll  a few pages back.

Was able to send it back to my local service centre and they were able to fix it without sending them back to Wetzlar. Basically it involved them opening up another brand new regular M10R unit to grab some components and replaced the defective M10R BP one.

Not sure if all service centres have the same approach/ autonomy (others in the threads say they were able to fix it by tightening some loose screw), but i got mine back working perfectly now (hopefully forever). It sucks but yeah it is what it is...

14 minutes ago, dsetiono01 said:

Was able to send it back to my local service centre and they were able to fix it without sending them back to Wetzlar. Basically it involved them opening up another brand new regular M10R unit to grab some components and replaced the defective M10R BP one.

Not sure if all service centres have the same approach/ autonomy (others in the threads say they were able to fix it by tightening some loose screw), but i got mine back working perfectly now (hopefully forever). It sucks but yeah it is what it is...

Thank you for the info ! It’s a bit weird however that a couple of days ago in Wetzlar they did not know anything about this issue...  🙂

The M10-R in black paint scratches super easily. The first scratch - just like on your car - always hurts the most.

But luckily the black paint on the M10R can be successfully polished to the same factory shine as the Wetzlar original using a car lacquer scratch remover for glossy/metallic paint finishes.

I have used this product on my M10-R BP with awesome results. As long as the scratch does not show brass underneath (shallow or medium depth) it can be quite successfully polished away. The pictured system is a 2-step polish & finish, sure you can use many others. This one is now tested first hand.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yep, it hurts for about 15 minutes but then the feeling turns to a very liberating one because, now you Don't have to think about it too much and you feel like you want to Take the camera out more  to do some Actual Photography rather than just sitting Pretty in the Dry Box!

Initially was worried about the resale value but given the lack of clarity of whether it's just a limited run of 2000 units, either price will not go up that crazy in the long run, or should be possible to secure a backup set for long term collection/ investment, but I usually don't bother about these kind of things.

Happy to use this unit until it no longer works!

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 4 Stunden schrieb dsetiono01:

Yep, it hurts for about 15 minutes but then the feeling turns to a very liberating one because, now you Don't have to think about it too much and you feel like you want to Take the camera out more  to do some Actual Photography rather than just sitting Pretty in the Dry Box!

Initially was worried about the resale value but given the lack of clarity of whether it's just a limited run of 2000 units, either price will not go up that crazy in the long run, or should be possible to secure a backup set for long term collection/ investment, but I usually don't bother about these kind of things.

Happy to use this unit until it no longer works!

Yes, let them have their battle scars. — PS: I’m an Instant-Baseplate-Foil-Remover-Guy. 😁

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Jeff S:

The M8.2 black paint finish seemed far more durable.

Would obviously be a shame for a nine grand camera. But on the other hand… see dsetiono01’s comment above and all these fake brassing tips in this thread.

Talking of disappointments, sort of. There are two things I find quite anoying after spending so much money: the plastic cover of the hot shoe and the very simple X1-like strap that comes recently with every M10. 

Anyway, a 13 year old lens finally got his matching buddy… body. I guess I'll have to take some pictures with this setup next. 😂

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

That is a beautiful match. Not sure I can ever secure any BP 50 at an acceptable price, though. Sometimes luck kicks in, so while late to the party, I was able to obtain one M10RBP. As for straps and flash shoe cover: Generally agreed but I would anyways not use the Leica strap and actually there are aftermarket "solutions" for the plastic cover. I purchased a BP Thumbs-up which I am happy with.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 6:59 PM, dsetiono01 said:

Was that in Switzerland?

• 3 weeks later...

• Like 5

• Like 4

• Like 3

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Am 3.8.2021 um 19:56 schrieb RF’sDelight:

Anyway, a 13 year old lens finally got his matching buddy… body. 

Looks good! But that lens is more like 20 years old. The serial numbers on those are deceptive, as those numbers were used by Leica way before the regular lens numbering approached those numbers. I recall seeing a lens like yours and a matching black paint Summicron 35 asph in a shop in 2000 or 2001, and they both had serial numbers starting with 4 xxx xxx. Those lenses were released together with the Millenium M6TTL black paint. I think there was a black paint Summicron 90 asph available at the time, too.

• Like 1