I ordered the m10-r black paint

JimmyCheng

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 6/24/2021 at 11:14 AM, Steven said:

I have two at home as we speak ! It looks gorgeous. 

when I put it next to my MP BP, they look almost identical! The most notable differences (aside from film vs digital details such as the lever, etc...) are the extra engraving on the top of the R, and the black hot shoe on the R vs silver on the MP. 

Do you want a side by side photo ? 

Wasn't it only recently you said P was totally enough for you and you went back to P after R, Steven?:)

59 minutes ago, setuporg said:

Wasn't it only recently you said P was totally enough for you and you went back to P after R, Steven?:)

Nope. I didn't say that. I said I wanted to R but could not handle the issues related to motion blur, so I went back to P. Later, I tried it again, and explained here extensively that I had chosen to deal with the motion blur because of one feature of the R: the highlight recovery capabilities, which enable to shoot wide open, on a bright sunny day, without ND filters. Finding the right gear is a journey, of which I'm still discovering the path as I walk. 

Now that it comes in BP, how could I resist anyway. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/19/2021 at 2:56 PM, Steven said:

Hello, 

both my M10R Bp had this issue. And many others too, while not all. 

i received this message from a user yesterday. Haven’t been able to verify yet. 

“Hi

i had the issue with M10R and it weakened then stopped firing. When they were about to send it to Germany they found out it’s very simple fix just tightening lose screw. At the store workshop “

I also have this issue. It has not stopped firing, but it won't fire if I press it down gently.

Are you guys sending yours in or what are you doing? How long does it take to get back from Germany?

2 hours ago, davorb said:

I also have this issue. It has not stopped firing, but it won't fire if I press it down gently.

Are you guys sending yours in or what are you doing? How long does it take to get back from Germany?

I sent mine back to my Local Service Centre (in Singapore) yesterday, not taking any chances as it's brand new and waiting time for new unit could potentially be super long.

I will get some news soon if they need to be sent to Germany or not, but the technician sounded confident that the fix is a minor one and should be able to be done locally (provided they have all the components handy). Will keep everyone posted.

I have just spoken to a store somewhere here in Europe that bears the official Leica name in the title.
I was inquiring about the M10R BP I might ot might not order.

The following (I reckon important) information was given to me:

1. The 2000 pieces is NOT an official limited edition endorsed by Leica, it is just the OFFICIAL PRODUCTION QUANTITY. If all 2000 cameras sell (they are not sold out yet but rather the delivery to the stores is super slow) Leica *might* produce more. This has been something we have definitely seen before.
2. The shutter button problem has been acknowledged, hopefully the new batches come out without the issue @Steven @davorb @dsetiono01 have experienced.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Al Brown said:

1. The 2000 pieces is NOT an official limited edition endorsed by Leica, it is just the OFFICIAL PRODUCTION QUANTITY. If all 2000 cameras sell (they are not sold out yet but rather the delivery to the stores is super slow) Leica *might* produce more. This has been something we have definitely seen before.

When I first posted about that camera two month ago, I had seen an internal document that clearly read (limited edition of 2000 copies). But of course, we have seen it before, so it could happen again. 

I only believe them when they write it on the item, like my Silver Noctilux that is actually numbered ! 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, Steven said:

When I first posted about that camera two month ago, I had seen an internal document that clearly read (limited edition of 2000 copies). But of course, we have seen it before, so it could happen again. 

I only believe them when they write it on the item, like my Silver Noctilux that is actually numbered ! 

Even if you have a limited edition batch which is numbered, for instance, from 1/2000 to 2000/2000 it doesn't stop Leica to reset the counter and produce more of the same special edition model, additional items will follow regular serial number numbering  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mmradman said:

Even if you have a limited edition batch which is numbered, for instance, from 1/2000 to 2000/2000 it doesn't stop Leica to reset the counter and produce more of the same special edition model, additional items will follow regular serial number numbering  

Has this precise scenario happened before ? If it did, Leica is a traitor to its customers.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Steven said:

Every Leica lens, every Leica camera has a unique number stamped. :)

But seriously be careful with all this "limited edition" marketing hype. For example, according the Meister my standard chrome M4-P is much rarer than the special  "Anniversary" edition. Not that I care, it just turned out that way.

1 hour ago, mmradman said:

I didn't know that but recently I saw (probably in the historica section) someone asking about some numbered limited edition which had something like 232/200. 🤨

• Haha 3

On 7/5/2021 at 5:36 PM, Steven said:

May I invite you to this fascinating thread to tell us about your 15 Ms, why you got them, and where do you see yourself in 10 years from now ? 

@Steven At this rate, I would expect @Flu to have over 30 M cameras in ten years. 

"Not that there's anything wrong with that," if I may borrow a line from the old Seinfeld TV series.

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ianman said:

I didn't know that but recently I saw (probably in the historica section) someone asking about some numbered limited edition which had something like 232/200. 🤨

Just apply “creative” marketing, that must have been special edition of 232 pieces.

Good news people, the Local Service centre called and they were able to fix the shutter issue without major overhaul, and I just picked it up, works perfectly now. 
They didnt explain what happened; but they simply replace some components related to the shutter mechanism with other normal edition M10r (they even mentioned they had to open up a brand new set from the retail store to grab the components), so in theory should be a permanent fix (hopefully)

If someone from Leica is reading this, please fix them for the future batches, and do something nice for us early beta tester if possible :)

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 8:08 AM, ianman said:

Every Leica lens, every Leica camera has a unique number stamped. :)

I read that when a lens comes in with a damaged front element, and the serial number is on it, Leica makes a new one with that number to replace it properly.  The number will always be there.

• Like 1

The deed is done! From hence forth, it will age naturally and gracefully! I just lent a helping hand to accelerate the first years of progress.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Flu said:

The deed is done! From hence forth, it will age naturally and gracefully! I just lent a helping hand to accelerate the first years of progress.

Looks amazing flu ! please teach us how to do it ! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flu said:

The deed is done!

I must admit I like it. I am a big fan of brassed black paint Leicas yet very sensitive regarding the brassing amount... It surely can be too much for my liking (like in this post - it is a natural occuring process though, I know).

Anyway, you did a good job. What was the sandpaper grade @Flu? 2000... or more? Maybe you could describe your process?

• Like 1