Friday (March 12th) Update Forum Software

LUF Admin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, andybarton said:

You can probably amend via your user profile.

I guess we can. Is this?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I just thought that in the international forum, it should say it in english, so we can all understand. But no big deal of course. As I said, I was curious

1 hour ago, NigelG said:

Classifieds not showing here on iOS 14 on iPad Pro. There are 2 “classifieds” in the drop down menu and both lead to a  “my adverts” “my renewals” etc. No adverts visible for me atm...

Showing correctly on Safari / MacBook Pro so maybe it's an iOS 14 issue - will try again

OK a bit hard to describe but - sometimes I get the “desktop” style header across the top of the topic window and that has a “classified” menu. Clicking on that produces a grey bar underneath with “my adverts” etc but does not open the actual classified area of the site. However, most of the time the sections are only accessible via the drop down “hamburger” top right corner icon and this has 2 “classified” menu items - one after “SD Cards” and one at the bottom after “sign out”. Both take me to a “my adverts” etc option but no actual classifieds.

To make things clearer...

Sometimes I get this header

But often this one instead...

Selecting the top right drop down gets the screen below

Selecting either of the “Classified” options gets to following

Clicking “Classifieds” from here leads to a blank screen?

Not a biggie... The old software needed a soft return (shift enter) after any header text in order to embed the uploaded picture safely underneath (so as NOT to get orphaned text to side of the image). The new software needs *two* soft returns to achieve the same result.

That depends upon how you are choosing to bring your images into the post  

You can just drag them into the pale blue text box, where they will appear at the cursor point, or you can use the "choose files" option, which also brings the image into the uploaded file box below and then choose where they want to be by placing the cursor and then clicking on the thumbnail below.

I use the drag and drop method most of the time

@andybarton Yes, I agree and mostly I have been doing this.

However the (new) cursor or screen positioning logic does 'get it wrong' after text editing or re-editing that edit and then re-importing the image from new (after deleting the previous image). It then ignores the single soft return and bangs in the newer image ahead of the header text thus orphaning the latter and making the presentation very ugly. Not a biggie particularly when your tip (below) is used.

Thank you for your tip about  'clicking the thumbnail below'. Never realised and will certainly now use for more accurate/absolute positioning.

Hangover from me never before having any upload allocation remaining and therefore never knowing how to get multiple images (and therefore thumbnails) embedded 🙂

Incidently, after messing about text editing and trial image uploading/deleting the blue rimmed box is now showing...

• Max total size: 4.88 MB
  • Max file size: 4.88MB

...which seems a bit generous - given our recent discussion(s) on limiting upload allocations and of some peoples' meagre data plans.

Classifieds now working OK on iOS 14 on the iPad Pro. There is no longer a duplication in the drop down menu and the link through works correctly.

The only downside is I now have even more chance of buying yet more kit 🙄

Hi Andreas,

Under the Photo Forum, I cannot seem to access the postings/threads in "OTHER" with a simple click on the menu item.  Is anyone else having this problem? 

When I click, the screen goes to blank and   https://www.l-camera-forum.com/forum/13-other/  appears in the link area.  This started happening in the last few days.

The German side of the Forum under "OTHER or SONSTIGES "  works fine.  https://www.l-camera-forum.com/forum/22-sonstiges/

All other items in all other Forum categories I have tried to view seem to be working properly.  

Appreciate your time and hard work.

Best Regards, David (m410)

Screen shots below show what I view after clicking on OTHER.

Edited by m410
Added screen shots.

11 hours ago, m410 said:

Hi Andreas,

Under the Photo Forum, I cannot seem to access the postings/threads in "OTHER" with a simple click on the menu item.  Is anyone else having this problem? 

@m410 No, I don't have that problem.
I see the 'OTHER' forum, many threads, the second one down contains a recent posting of yours.
Suggest usual stuff - clear cache(s), different browser/machine/login. Good luck🙂

• Thanks 1