Q Vario

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 hours ago, vedivv said:

Zoom lens on a fixed lens camera probably makes sense on a smaller camera like the D-lux 7.  By the time you have a zoom lens that is decently fast with reasonable range, it will be too big for a fixed lens.  SL 24-90 will be a good reference point.  I doubt Leica willing to make any full-frame AF lens that is not sharp corner to corner, and that means large lens.  For Q2, 50mm/F3 equivalent is still pretty usable both in boken and resolution. I doubt many people will go for a vario Q.

I don't know what size makes sense to you. it's very persnal anyway.  It's up to the market to tell.

But here're some reference about the zoom lens size (length x weight)

-- Nikon 24-x70 f4: 89mm x 500g

-- Sony 24-70 f4: 95mm x 420g

-- Lumix 20-60 f3.5-5.6: 88mm x 350g.

-- Leica Q2 28 f1.7:  ~60mm x ~350g  (estimated)

So, a QV with 28-70mm zoom is possible to be no more than 120mm deep (30mm more than Q2) and no more than 820g (100g more).  I would be perfectly happy cnsidering the SL+24-90mm combination. 

13 hours ago, jaapv said:

It didn't really work commercially. The camera was too large (and expensive) to compete with D-Lux cameras. Sensor size is of little interest to potential buyers, outside Internet blogs and forums; "standard" customers have other criteria, like size, price, haptics in relationship to results. The relative length of image threads is a wobbly measure - it only takes a few enthusiastic posters to make them grow.

I don;t have thew actual data, but in my impression XV outsold X1 X2. Were it has the same sensor as X113, it could outsolf X113 too.