cl: no words ....

Advertisement (gone after registration)

well, maybe just a few. perhaps she had the camera upside down and thought the 'M' was a 'W' and stood for waterfall mode.

also, did you know the cl was basically a $3700 fax machine? all this and more awaits your viewing pleasure. oh, and someone should count the number of edits--i'm betting it'd be astronomical and makes one wonder what it looked like before editing. :)

https://youtu.be/wop4JomVVWw

/guy

Edited by gteague

She bought it with her own money, and is spruiking Leica. It ain't so bad. But she thinks it unusual that a camera doesn't have touchscreen controls! Methinks she hasn't really been shooting a lot of cameras. Wait, I got to the fax machine bit. Annoying hyperbole which is par for the course with her generation. I haven't shot with a CL, is the ISO 3200 and 6400 really that bad?

As far as the edits go, she's probably edited out all the ums and ahs, of which there would have been many. Hence the multiple annoying jump cuts in the middle of her sentences.

4 minutes ago, Archiver said:

She bought it with her own money, and is spruiking Leica. It ain't so bad. But she thinks it unusual that a camera doesn't have touchscreen controls! Methinks she hasn't really been shooting a lot of cameras. Wait, I got to the fax machine bit. Annoying hyperbole which is par for the course with her generation. I haven't shot with a CL, is the ISO 3200 and 6400 really that bad?

As far as the edits go, she's probably edited out all the ums and ahs, of which there would have been many. Hence the multiple annoying jump cuts in the middle of her sentences.

nearly every legitimate review i've read says the cl is adequate for nearly any use up to iso 6400. the weather turned on me and i haven't taken more than a dozen or so shots, but i have the max iso set to 6400 and the min s/s at 160th to keep the shakes down, so obviously i trust it up to there.  the shots in that video to show how bad it was i can't explain unless they blew them up to pixel level and then downsized them. 

it was cognitive dissonance in that she seemed to know things about photography, and then she'd go off on some tangent which would make you think she'd never shot anything but her phone.

/guy

Edited by gteague

On 3/4/2020 at 5:56 PM, Archiver said:

No. 

St Swithun Church Madonna - Swindon 2018
Leica CL + Elmarit-R 28mm f/2.8
ISO 12,500 @ f/2.8 @ 1/8

This photo, made at St. Swithun Church in the hinterlands outside of Swindon in Oxfordshire, is of a madonna that was sequestered in a nook and shaded by a heavy curtain. It was so dark in there I could not see to focus, certainly didn't see the rope hanging in front of the statue, so I just guessed at the focus, set the ISO to 12,500, set the lens wide open, aimed, and hoped for the best. It was only after I saw the preview on the camera's LCD that I knew what was in the nook. 

G

Edited by ramarren
  • Like 6

On 3/5/2020 at 3:00 AM, gteague said:

nearly every legitimate review i've read says the cl is adequate for nearly any use up to iso 6400. the weather turned on me and i haven't taken more than a dozen or so shots, but i have the max iso set to 6400 and the min s/s at 160th to keep the shakes down, so obviously i trust it up to there.  the shots in that video to show how bad it was i can't explain unless they blew them up to pixel level and then downsized them. 

it was cognitive dissonance in that she seemed to know things about photography, and then she'd go off on some tangent which would make you think she'd never shot anything but her phone.

/guy

Fairly typical for the iPhone generation... (am I showing my old fogey side? :lol; )

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Overall, she really likes the CL, at one point says, "I love it, I love it, I love it" (12:57). As others mentioned, she seemed to buy it with her own money, not a freebee in exchange for a positive review, or an all expenses paid press trip for "influencers" to "review" cameras.

Not typical for anyone matching her demographic, and with 174K YouTube subscribers, to review a Leica, so I would certainly welcome her.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!