Using Nikkor Macro lens on SL2?

Jonathan Levin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all.

Just to confirm, can one use a Nikkor F (AF) mount on the SL2???

Is there an adapter needed to make all that work? Cost?

I have a bunch of old 35mm neg and transparencies I will be copying using the 60mm Nikkor Macro paired with the ES-2 adapter. Would this combo work? Using F mount lens, do you still get full sensor or is that cropped in some way.

Thank you.

Jonathan

Edited by Jonathan Levin

13 hours ago, Jonathan Levin said:

I will be copying using the 60mm Nikkor Macro paired with the ES-2 adapter.

If your lens has a manual aperture ring you don't need an adapter with a built in aperture control, all you need is the cheapest spacer type of adapter, anything Chinese will do.

This lens "AF Micro Nikkor 60mm 1:2.8 D" will work well the "Novoflex Nikon F Lens to Leica SL/T Camera Body Lens Adapter".  The Nikkor lens is now "retired" but you may be able to find it use. I use it to digitize slides with a Nikon adapter "ES-1". It all works well together. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

that fits in front of the lens.  Edited by Jeffry Abt

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've been digitising my slides using a slide duplicator from my film days. We used these to duplicate slides by photographing them, the duplicator also has a manual zoom function for cropping purposes.  It has an M42-T mount which I use with an M42-SL mount adapter on the SL.

• Like 1

The "Novoflex Nikon F Lens to Leica SL/T Camera Body Lens Adapter" works well with any Nikkor lens that has an aperture ring. Here with a old 85mm 1:14D lens.

But everything is manual, so no autofocus.  I'm looking forward to using the 85mm 1:14D with the New SL2. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi All.

Since I started this thread over a year ago, things have changed. A while back I traded my Nikon AF Micro-NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8D Lens (the lens that HAS the Aperture ring) for the Nikon AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED Lens (current model, but no aperture ring) Long story.

Again, I'll be using this, if possible with the SL2(s) to copy slides with the ES-2 adapter like I did with the Nikon D850.

Since there is no aperture ring on this lens, can it be used with this Novoflex F-L adapter?  https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1103373-REG/novoflex_let_nik_lens_mount_adapter.html/compatibility

Compatibly states it SHOULD work, but how do you adjust f/stops? I have tried reaching Novoflex but have not heard back. I was curious if anyone id using this exact setup?

Thanks.

Jonathan

I use some D lenses adapted. Also the macro lenses (60, 105, 200). I use the D lenses because it is easy to focus manually. And there are special lenses like the micro 70-180.

I would like to see a close focus adapter for L, and maybe extenders. (Ok, the Sigma extenders can be used with the sigma macro).

Unfortunately nobody has solved the problem of using D lenses with AF, not even Nikon for their mirrorless cameras. There are millions of lenses, so I hope that sooner or later someone offers it.

Edited by caissa
  • Like 1

Since there is no aperture ring on this lens, can it be used with this Novoflex F-L adapter?

You turn the blue ring that you can see in Jeffry Abt's photo. The F stops are not marked so you just have to guess. 

I have used this system and it works OK, but I found the Laowa 100mm macro L mount lens to produce better results

https://www.cameralabs.com/laowa-100mm-f2-8-2x-macro-apo-review/

NickT,

so its the blue ring thing. Thank you for clearing that up.

once focus is achieved wide open, turn the ring to desired “stop”. Sounds like placing some sort of mark on lens/ring to acheive consistent results when doing copy work should work.

again thanks!

jonathan

Edited by Jonathan Levin