No TL lens roadmap?

1 hour ago, nicci78 said:

What we know from Maike Harberts, Leica APS-C market leader, latest interview :

• TL line are pretty much complete : from 17 to 200mm equivalent focal length.
  • Only made in Germany Summilux-TL are on the pipeline. Using same body as TL-35 and TL-60. Same industrial strategy as APO-Summicron-SL

In a distant future, we should be able to choose between a collection of small enough Summilux-TL line for APS-C or a collection of bigger APO-Summicron-SL for 24x36. What do you choose ? Quite small, fast lenses for half frame ? Or Quite big, not as fast lenses, but weathersealed for full frame ?

How the company that gave us all those wonderful (APO) Telyts can entertain the notion that a camera system should stop at 200 mm is quite beyond me. Have they sold their soul to Sigma? Come to think of it, let’s start pestering the L alliance for decent long glass And maybe an APS-C fisheye?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A 14mm and 23mm Summilux would be fantastic. 

Not getting my hopes up though as Leica has only released 1 lens in the last 3 years and that was a 80g pancake one...

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 8/31/2019 at 11:58 AM, LocalHero1953 said:

I find the 60mm TL fast to focus, as long as you set focusing to be within close-up or normal ranges. Given the whole range from infinity to 1 cm, the lens goes into panic mode. I don't have the 35mm TL to compare it with, but speed has never been a concern for me, and I use it mainly for people.

I now have a 60mm and set the Focus Limit, it is quick to focus

• Like 1