Help needed from Q2 Users

Advertisement (gone after registration)

HI,

Please can you Q2 owners check something for me.

When the camera is set to continuous high speed or below I have no issues.   When it is set to continuous super speeds the DNG files will show me a preview but will not open in Lightroom classic or photoshop cc.

Photoshop gives the error message "Photoshop cannot open this file."

I have a Mac with the latest OS and both Lightroom and photoshop are up to date.

Thanks

Josh

36 minutes ago, Josh bear said:

Hi. 

I am am using the latest card the UHS ll 300mbs cards so hopefully that is not an issue.  Have tried multiple cards. 

Josh

Do you copy your files to the hard drive or ssd?

Edited by AnikiMu

Hi

yes. Files copied across like usual.  Any photo shot using continuous high speed works in lightroom or photoshop.  Any photo shot in super continuous speed will show me the photo as a preview but the dng is not recognised by lightroom and photoshop.  

Can any Q2 owner replicate this?

thanks

Hi all

I have had a response from Leica it says  “I have been checking with the factory in Germany regarding the file problems within Adobe software and the Q2.
The Q2 technical support team in Germany are working on a fix for the problem along with Adobe.
We hope to have a fix in place soon.”

so at least they are aware now and fixing it.  Disappointing it actually needed a fix.  

Regards

Josh

• Like 2

I also need help with my new Q2

1. It went into movie mode and I don't understand why it did and how I got it off again.  It shipped without a manual, only a quick start guide and the Leica site has manuals in every language except English for download.  

2. I like to hear the shutter but even after turning the sound on, it is almost inaudible.

Did other people get a manual with their camera?

2 hours ago, DonnaW said:

I also need help with my new Q2. 

1. It went into movie mode and I don't understand why it did and how I got it off again.  It shipped without a manual, only a quick start guide and the Leica site has manuals in every language except English for download.  

2. I like to hear the shutter but even after turning the sound on, it is almost inaudible.

Did other people get a manual with their camera?

Donna.

The (instructions) manual in English is here.

http://en.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-Q/Leica-Q2/Downloads

the silent shutter is the result of pressure by users for a quiet shutter.  I understand your problem.  I think you can switch on a click.  Check the manual.

The movie mode can be switched on or off.  Again, it’s in the manual.

Edited by lucerne

I have a slightly different, but perhaps, related issue.  I am also using a UHS 11 300 mbs card.  When using the card slot in my iMac (27" 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7) the Q2 files do not import - the thumbnails just show blank.  If I use a SanDisk UHS 11 card reader (USB 3) the files import with no problem.  I have reformatted the card but with the same result.

Has anyone had a similar issue?  The same card was fine on my SL - camera now sold so I can't repeat the exercise.  I also tried the same card in my M10-D (which does not UHS 11 cards) and it works fine.  Could it be a problem with higher resolution files?  Any ideas?

Just started happening with my M10 on two SDXC cards and one SDHC card. Only on my late 2015 iMac, an older laptop reads the same cards fine. I’m bringing the iMac in to the nearest service place for a complete wipe and re-install of Mojave tomorrow, I’ve re-installed it twice here already before this was happening as it has been randomly freezing and quitting programs since I upgraded to Mojave.

• 2 months later...

Don’t know if this is still an issue for anyone (or what may have changed in software to address it).  My Q2 is quite a bit newer than the original post, but I am not having any issues with super speed files, Lightroom CC, Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, or Affinity Photo (iPad).

25 minutes ago, Jared said:

Don’t know if this is still an issue for anyone (or what may have changed in software to address it).  My Q2 is quite a bit newer than the original post, but I am not having any issues with super speed files, Lightroom CC, Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, or Affinity Photo (iPad).

Ditto. My LR (Classic) and PS work great with the Q2 files.