Q2 Battery charging process: time, number of pictures ?

What Jaap said.

I have yet to use up a battery, but Q2 seems to behave like any other mirrorless camera. The consumption is not influenced by the number of shots but rather how much you use the rear screen. The most economical way is probably to put your EVF-LCD mode into EVF extended. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JimBo said:

Make sure Bluetooth and wifi are off... they suck power.....

Bluetooth LE does not use noticeable power per se. Only if you use it heavily for transferring all images, you may notice increased battery consumption.

I have Bluetooth on all the time on all my cameras that support geotagging.

I think claims for battery life - like fuel consumption for cars - tend to be overstated. And it depends on how you set your camera up and how you use it. The best approach is to always carry a fully charged spare battery.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ademora said:

I have charged the battery twice and managed only 360 shots dng only  in total, I have power save on screen display to 2s very disappointing performance so far 

Of course the pdf manual (page 12 of the English version) does specifically say:

A new battery only reaches its full capacity after it has been fully charged and – by using it in the camera – depleted 2 to 3 times. This depletion process should be repeated roughly every 25 cycles.

Stephen

5 minutes ago, ademora said:

I have charged the battery twice and managed only 360 shots dng only  in total, I have power save on screen display to 2s very disappointing performance so far 

You are simply asking for too much from the battery.

28 minutes ago, ademora said:

An average of only 180 shots per battery is far from asking too much 

Where do such expectations arise? First you should look at your settings, then USE the battery a few times and charge between. But really, is it so freaking difficult to carry a spare which is also conditioned?

Edited by pico
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ricky1981 said:

That seems very low compared to the reviews and other feedback I've seen.

It may be disappointing to you, but it seems very close to the published performance by Leica (350 shots). Perhaps low compared to some of the reviews. I suspect they are not doing any displaying of images like your 2 seconds. Try Turning off the auto display and only doing that by pressing the play button. That should help some. The rear LCD seems to be the big power consumer. 360 shoots if far better than the Q and as was said before, carry an extra battery. I always had two extra batteries with my Q. 

12 hours ago, iQ2 said:

It may be disappointing to you, but it seems very close to the published performance by Leica (350 shots). Perhaps low compared to some of the reviews. I suspect they are not doing any displaying of images like your 2 seconds. Try Turning off the auto display and only doing that by pressing the play button. That should help some. The rear LCD seems to be the big power consumer. 360 shoots if far better than the Q and as was said before, carry an extra battery. I always had two extra batteries with my Q. 

The poster I replied to was saying he got 360 from two battery charges so 180/full charge. 350/charge is about what I'd seen and totally acceptable for me.

Edited by ricky1981
typo

33 minutes ago, ricky1981 said:

The poster I replied to was saying he got 360 from two battery charges so 180/full charge. 350/charge is about what I'd seen and totally acceptable for me.

Thanks. I didn’t catch 360 / 2 batteries. That’s very low and different than my impression others are mostly getting. 

On 3/27/2019 at 10:14 PM, pico said:

Where do such expectations arise? First you should look at your settings, then USE the battery a few times and charge between. But really, is it so freaking difficult to carry a spare which is also conditioned?

Conditioning of the battery will not double the performance. You seem to be missing the point we could all go out and buy more batteries at £100+ each but two batteries at the current performance will only equal the stated performance. I guess I’m spoilt by the battery performance from my m240 let’s see if I am proved wrong after a few more charges 

On 3/27/2019 at 3:46 PM, ademora said:

An average of only 180 shots per battery is far from asking too much 

You are absolutely right. I wonder if a sw reset on the camera would help. Occasionally I’ve seen my iPhone act up and the battery not lasting nearly as long as it should. I’ve done a full power down and re-start and that fixed it. Something to consider. 

I’d go back to your Leica store if that was convenient and talk with them. It seems very low compared to most others I’ve read about. 

6 hours ago, iQ2 said:

You are absolutely right. I wonder if a sw reset on the camera would help. Occasionally I’ve seen my iPhone act up and the battery not lasting nearly as long as it should. I’ve done a full power down and re-start and that fixed it. Something to consider. 

I’d go back to your Leica store if that was convenient and talk with them. It seems very low compared to most others I’ve read about. 

I’m going to see what the battery performance is like after 5-6 full charges. Maybe having powersave set for 5s and autopower off at 2mins is being counter productive. If I’m still at sub 200 I will go back to the store, it’s only 200yards from the office. A reset though is a good point thank you . I will give it a try. 

Edited by ademora